Badger5AH Fabrications
    Dec
    2nd Gear

Status

Angry W*****s Keyed my car... Paint Code?

Hey all,

Been a long time since I've been on here properly, love trouble free motoring but also not had time/money to do anything to the car lately.

Anyway, Yesterday I found this:

I still feel sick to be honest! But hey life goes on. As far as I know it was just a random little sh*t walking past my GF's parents house as we were round there. I've parked outside theirs loads of times but obviously some jealous little prick walked past this time and put a nice deep key mark down the rear quarter.

The little bit that can be seen on the door is all that is there, and the quarter panel one goes all the way to the rear light, and its really f*cking deep!!!

Now my plans for this are to use a touch up pen on it to get me through the winter, then I will probably (If its worth it on an 04 plate with 130k miles ) get both sides sprayed along with the front end and rear bumper (front and rear are going to be done regardless). So pretty much full spray other than the roof.

So, any idea where I could find the paint code, and advice where to get a decentish touch up pen from? My mate is pretty good with these things and can near on hide it with a light mop afterwards, so its looking quite promising, I just don't fancy the weather over the next couple of months to make it worse or anything.

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    you will find your paint code on a sticker in the spare wheel well, that same sticker is sometimes stuck in the front of the service book

Audi do a good touch up kit which i have used to good effect, they are about £8

4th Gear

Status
    Sorry about your car bud, the people who do these type of things really are sub-human scum.

You can find the paintcode either; on the sticker in the spare wheel well or on the inside page of your service book.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

3rd Gear

Status

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys! Same as other VAG cars really, im avoiding going out to the car if im honest, still feeling sick about it. I know its not a brand new one or v expensive car anymore but I've had it 2 years with no problems and its really annoying!

£8 from Audi sounds like a bargain! I expected to pay double that so will pop down there today

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

2nd Gear

Status
    Ouch!

Someone did the same to my misses car a few weeks ago, luckly I park mine in the garage.

Let us know how you get on with the touch up pen, pics would be good.
    I have a couple of scratches on my door and was thinking of touching it up before I can afford to get it resprayed.
    2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line (8p1)
    Mods: 18" Gloss Black RS4's - 8p2 S-line Front Bumper - Black Grill - A5 LED Number Plate lights - LED Sidelights - Euro Style Plates - EGR Delete - RTech Custom Remap - Hot Start Issue Fix
    Pipeline: Lowering, Wheel Refurb, Coming Home Lights

2007 VW Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 (Wife's)
    Mods: 18" Charlestons

3rd Gear

Status
    also, i would buy a cheap artists brush as the one in the touch up kit it a bit large for intricate touch up's

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J8TT X View Post
    Ouch!

Someone did the same to my misses car a few weeks ago, luckly I park mine in the garage.

Let us know how you get on with the touch up pen, pics would be good.
    I have a couple of scratches on my door and was thinking of touching it up before I can afford to get it resprayed.
    Ah wish I had the luxury of a garage! This wasn't at home as far as I know, so will just have to be more careful where I leave my car, its not even a know dodgy area really

I'll deffo get some pics though, will be doing it Tuesday/Wednesday next week I think, I work funny shift patterns so in over the weekend then off again.

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cloughy View Post
    also, i would buy a cheap artists brush as the one in the touch up kit it a bit large for intricate touch up's
    Ah thanks dude will pick one up too , the size of this thing I could probably use a roller though!!

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dec View Post
    Ah thanks dude will pick one up too , the size of this thing I could probably use a roller though!!
    bloody toe rags! had that done on my golf a couple of years back, in the end claimed on my insurance for full side respray, pushed up my premium too and will do for the next 3 years!

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cloughy View Post
    bloody toe rags! had that done on my golf a couple of years back, in the end claimed on my insurance for full side respray, pushed up my premium too and will do for the next 3 years!
    Ah not good Im trying to avoid going through the insurance, the front and rear ends need doing too, and generally the paint isn't too good all over, so may just fork out for a full respray, but I keep questioning if its actually worth it as this has 130k miles on the clock now so getting on a bit! Want it to last another couple of years (done 60k since I brought it 2 years ago) as its just cheap motoring for now!

Im only 21 so insurance stings me at the mo and can't really have a claim on it if i can help it!

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

4th Gear

Status
    There's a guy on the 8L side who used a sharpie! From the pics it's not even visible anymore.
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

6th Gear

Status
    Bloody b@s***ds! Sorry to see that mate and i hope it is restored to full original condition soon. I hate jealous gits like that,really do makes me angry. if only you had caught them, you could have marked them permanently too! lol
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

events moderator

Status
    man i hate when people do that , someone decided while i was parked in the centre of town to key my boot lid and put a traffic cone on my roof also scratching the hell out of it was fuming man , hope the touch up hides it a bit nothing worse than a scratch like that fella makes my blood boil grrrrrr
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

3rd Gear

Status
    oh dude this sucks, people like this make me sick would love to catch one of them, hope you get it sorted mate without been too out of pocket

MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

MY PROGRESS THREAD

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Give a smart repair local a shout, they can work wonders & as your paint is dark, you may get something sorted for allot cheaper than full spray.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

events moderator

Status
    even if you take it to a pro detailer we can certainly have a dam good go at getting it down a bit , just look for one on your area will be cheaper than the panel to be resprayed i would have thought painting a car isn't cheap at all lol
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    I can't believe that this happens to so many people Gutting really! Just shows that you can't have anything anymore without someone ruining it! I saw a chavvy looking teenager spit on an R8 in the local Tesco carpark before, I just don't understand whats going through these people's heads! Surely it would be better to admire stuff than ruin it just because they can't have it? My car isn't even worth much these days, but still got that horrible feeling in my gut since I saw it

I went to Audi yesterday and got the touch up kit, and also got the number of a guy who does small repairs such as this, apparently he's good and does it for £30 a pannel which is a steal! Worth a try, even if it doesn't come out perfect, its not a huge amount of money! And quids in if it comes out well!

Feeling a bit more promising now, but still an annoyance.

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dec View Post
    I can't believe that this happens to so many people Gutting really! Just shows that you can't have anything anymore without someone ruining it! I saw a chavvy looking teenager spit on an R8 in the local Tesco carpark before, I just don't understand whats going through these people's heads! Surely it would be better to admire stuff than ruin it just because they can't have it? My car isn't even worth much these days, but still got that horrible feeling in my gut since I saw it

I went to Audi yesterday and got the touch up kit, and also got the number of a guy who does small repairs such as this, apparently he's good and does it for £30 a pannel which is a steal! Worth a try, even if it doesn't come out perfect, its not a huge amount of money! And quids in if it comes out well!

Feeling a bit more promising now, but still an annoyance.
    Glad to see you have a couple of options, sorry to see the damage to your car your right no one can have anything these days without there being someone willing to deface it.
    Hope it works out okay the repair work. Get few pics when sorted others would no doubt be looking into it if it happens to anyone else touch wood it doesnt.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.