Will 4 wheels with tyres fit in back?

phildo

Reaction score
Getting winter wheels fitted at weekend. Anyone confirm if the existing wheels (with tyres) will fit in the boot if I drop the back seats?

Car is S3 sportback, so the smaller boot due to quattro and wheels are std 18's. Thanks.

No problems......you will obviously need to drop the rear seats and leave the parcel shelf at home, but you can then fit four wheels and tyres in with no problems....done it several times now.

You should be able to lay two flat on the pushed down rear bench ( where rear seat passengers would normally be ) and the other two will fit in the remaining space........I would take a blanket of some kind to protect them, and make sure they wont move around too much when you're driving home.

Good luck.

can confirm this will work, just did mine a couple of weeks ago - same situation.

parcel shelf at home, seats down. i had 4 wheels + tyres plus 4 additional tyres.

take a blanket save your seats getting dirty

Cheers for that, didn't fancy making 2 trips.

Me too, did this monday.

Dunlop winter sport 4Ds on there. 18"

Looking forward to showing the snow who's boss!

As said leave the parcel shelf at home and just put your rear seats down. And put something on the back of the seats so they dont get dirty.
I've moved full leather A5 interior (including door cards & armrest) from Manchester to Cardiff back in September and was shocked by the fact that we got it all in! Also collected alot of alloys/tyres and even front and rear bumpers and never had any issues. I should really just get a cheap van :laugh:

Last edited:
I've had a set of 19 and 17s in the back of mine, both with tyres. Drop the seats down and you'll be fine

yea ive had 4 x 19's with tyres plus one 18" with a tyre in the back of mine no probs at all. Just cover the back of the front seats ...esp if they be buckets!!:salute: i found out the hard way and now have a nice scratch on the back of my passanger side seat...oh well, its a car not a buckingham palace

I've had 4 18" in my cabrio, one was in the boot, the other ones were on the back seat and the top was down, the mechanics laughed when I came to the shop :)

Thanks for all tips. Took a blanket to protect the back of the seats which was good as the Audi wheel bags don't actually cover the whole wheel, just wrap around the tyre parts.

Based on a quick trip into town and back the wintersport 4d's are good. It's only at 4degs and I had more grip than on the Bridgestones. Just got to accept that the S3 looks a bit odd with 17's on, although the silver alloys complement the mirrors and looks quite good against the grey.

Thanks for all tips. Took a blanket to protect the back of the seats which was good as the Audi wheel bags don't actually cover the whole wheel, just wrap around the tyre parts.
:idea:

thinking of getting some snow tyres on my sile ( got some crap 17") any of these any good ? dont wanna pay a fortune was thinking of the dirt cheap £50 ones. but not sure what to get winter v,s cold weather ?