CO2 figure

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Just working out the company car tax for my motor.
Which CO2 figure to choose is baffling though.
Audi's website says 153,the V5 says 156 and the government's website (www.vca.gov.uk) says 159.

Which one to use is confusing.
I'm led to believe the V5 is the correct one as it representative of your particular car,rather than a test model.

Anyone 100% sure ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My V5 came back with 213 yet Audi and the VCA site said 216. I'm not complaiining as it lowered it by a group /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If they take 156 as the figure then my specced up A3 actually saves me money over my old,bog standard,A4.
The fact that the 2.0tdi is Euro IV makes all the difference.

HSBC say 156 for mine too (when it finally arrives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) (TDi SprtBck)

don't understand why you all get nice cars for company cars ????

save the cash.. get a smaller hatch Desiel and save the money on a car that you can actually own... or use it towards something else...

I get a company car as it means I can get a £26k car insured, fuelled, maintained, taxed and no depreciation to worry about for £250 a month. That wouldn't even get anywhere near my loan repayment (and I get cheap money as I work for a finance company) let alone any of the other costs.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

My company car tax is roughly £72 a month.
All my fuel paid costs me roughly £50 a month.

So,for roughly £122 a month I get a brand new £23K car,all my fuel paid,my insurance paid,my road tax paid and my maintenance paid.

Now tell me I should 'opt out'....

If I were to 'downgrade' my company car,to say my colleagues Honda Civic,I would save around £29 a month....

Company cars rule (unless you want to chip them,then you need a very understanding MD ).

Plus, as a 60k a year driver, I dont particularly want to take the hit on my own money - 25k's worth of car, valued at 10k in 2 years? I don't think so.

My tax is about £140 all in - what it wants it gets, simple as that. Brand new car every 2 years (lease company won't let cars go over 120k) and my choice, can load it up with options up to my lease agreement, anything over and I have to pay 60% of it. Opting out is not worth it for me as I would end up with about £270 a month extra.......

RE a company car for £122 a month, if you didn't have the company car wouldn't you get an allowance from your company to run your own one aswell, have you accounted for that in your £122/month? Normally a car allowance runs into hundred of pounds a month, plus at the end of the tax year if the company pays less per mile than the govt expects you can claim the difference back from the tax man!.

i'd never opt out of a company car. It's 100% hassle free motoring, and I get to choose a car (within reason, we have a very srongly enforced No BMW rule due to the 'image problem') with a lease value of £400+tax pcm, anything under that my company gives me back in my salary, anything over I pay, for this I get a A3 SB 2TDI with metalic and Alcatara for £351 fully maintained, fully expensed, could have chose more options but the £49 remaining goes towards covering the Tax bill, besides all the toys are nice but the novelty soon wears off.

fair enough guys..

just thought i'd ask the question...

and all seem like good reasons to have one.. dont want to be the person that moans all the time lol

[ QUOTE ]
... I get to choose a car (within reason, we have a very srongly enforced No BMW rule due to the 'image problem')

[/ QUOTE ]

Image problem - are you serious?

"Image problem - are you serious?"

Totaly. Our Boss has a deep down loathing of BMW and the (and I quote) "The Type of W****rs that drive them"

He reckons it's not good to turn up at a customers in a Brand that has an image problem, might rub of on the customers opinion of us as a company.

Cant halp but agree with him, I mean be honest, you can be doing the best part of 100mph on the motorway and 9/10 times it's a clown in a BMW that will be 3 feet from your rear...

...or cut you up, or run a red, or straddle 2 lanes, or overtake to then try and squeeze in front when the road instantly narrows, etc, etc... nearly every trip I make. I have nothing against the cars, they're great, but they have the worst image problem of any car I've ever known. I have no clue why it's BMWs either...

Same here Poppyday !

Our sales director wanted a 5-series BMW,but the MD wouldn't let him because he views the BMW brand as 'aggressive','in your face' and 'flash harry'.

He got a 1.8T A4 cabriolet instead.

That's true slimbloke, I've nothing against the car but why do some people think that having an entry level 3 series is some sort of elitist thing?

We have a girl here,who isn't a company car driver.
She bought one of the godawful 3-series compacts,and her husband has a bottom of the line 318 with the ugliest 15 inch alloys you've ever seen.
Both are black.

The motoring equivalent of matching anoraks.

The only limits we have on choice is no convertibles, and no chelsea tractors. To be honest, I used to be (starting to put on flame suit now) of the same opinion on BMW drivers - but once you are in one, it's worth noting what type of car (driver) are actually the worse type and I would have to say it's large 4x4 drivers, Range Rovers and X5's in particular.....

Thats not to say that there are not a large(r) number of bad BMW drivers out there, and they do seem to be the "lesser" models (like mine lol) which are worse.

TBH, having got out of a 100 Avant Sport, people used to just move out of the way if I was coming up behind them, however there seems to be a trend of people just sitting in front of BMW's on motorways in lane 3 doing 70mph..... I know the speed limit is 70, but that doesn't excuse them driving badly just to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off - if this sort of behaviour happend to another brand of car, I am sure that the drivers of that sort of car would also try to get people to move, in the same way BMW drivers do..... Same thing goes with letting people in where traffic merges etc - no one lets you in, so you have to be aggressive and make a space or you will get nowhere......

Bit of a chicken and egg thing really.......

Flame suit is now fully on an operational.... Bring on the napalm.

At the Gym yesterday morning being 6 O'Clock the car park is deserted except for one car in; a Disabled space, right by the door, Yup you guessed it. Sales Rep Beemer Boy in his 520 with the obligatory Jacket hanging in the back window...

Arrogant git.

I'd have had to have said something to the **** for that.
My wife's dad was disabled (blind) and this was a constant bugbear for her when she took him anywhere.

I'd have liked to bowfer, but it just bounces of people like this. If they can be arrogant enough to do this type of thing then I doubt someone pointing it out would make a huge difference to them. I did mention it to the chappie on reception though he said he'd 'bring it to his attention'

Yeah,you're probably right.
It would be an awful thing if one of his tyres were to be let down by 'kids' though.
Try looking cool with a space-saver the width of a dinner plate,ya ****.