Alloy Pedals

Shadowman

Reaction score
Hi,

The In-Laws have just ordered an A3 SB BE 2.0 TDI 140 ( after falling in love with my SB ) but my Father in law is very keen on the Alloy pedals ( throttle, brake and clutch as it's a manual ) like those in the S3 and he was told by the salesman they don't come with this model and aren't an option apparently.

Anyone know if the salesman is correct in saying that, and if so how expensive are they to get second hand and how diffifcult are they to change ?

Thanks

Salesman is bang on, not an optional extra but can be picked up on eBay for £100 (ish). Really easy to fit, there is a link on here, try searching

Thanks Ibis....did a quick search which didn't turn anything up, but just done it properly and the relevant posts came up.

Sounds like he may have fun with the throttle :)

Thanks Roman.......That is easily the cheapest i've seen, especially for brand new ones so i'll speak to my father-in-law and let him know.

Did you have issues with fitting the throttle as well....seems to be the only area for concern ?

Only issue is getting the connector off the throttle pedal, there's a simple way to do it but i dont remember now, its something like push the sides in then pull it out. Also getting the throttle off is a bit tricky, you have to push a thin skrew driver into a slot to release it. But its not difficult, just takes a bit of messing around to do, once you get the parts you will see how simple it is.

Ok thanks.....just bought them from that site so no doubt i'll be in touch again :)

The only difficulty I found was removing it, felt like the clip under the throttle pedal was going to snap. Didn't find removing the throttle cable difficult....

One final point....i see that the alloy throttle comes as a complete unit including its own controller/module under the pedal itself.....does it matter that the controller is for an S3 but will be fitted to a TDI, or are all of the controllers/modules the same ?

Damn, too late with this info. I recently found out that the Skoda Yeti has the same pedals and they are only £40.

No worries, but hopefully anyone else wanting to do this can get the Yeti pedals.

Thanks for all your help folks.

do you have any part number for the skoda pedals?? im very interested

cheers

I know this is a really old post but just to let any one who is wanting to buy the pedals for the s3 etc , that the yeti ones are the same
was one of the last bits i wanted to buy as i didn't remove them from my last car
ordered them from the site link posted in #19
come to 57 euro total shipped .
less than £50 with currency rate . defo a bargain

Guys is it safe to buy this skoda yeti pedals for a3 2.0 tdi cr ??
I think that part number isnt same , do the yeti pedals have vw or skoda logo sticker on gas pedal ??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk