Thoughts please - Audi Cambelt price match promise

B-J-P

Reaction score
I have been in contact with my local audi who have a price promise on offer. The deal is for the cambelt to be replaced at £399 incl vat or if you find it cheaper elsewhere they will match the price.

I have managed to get a cheaper quote from a couple of other local repairers, their price includes the waterpump which they recommend is replaced at the same time as the cambelt. The cost of the waterpump is circa £35 (genuine part)

However when contacting Audi they will not match the price to include the waterpump and want a further £100 to fit it. Therefore I feel their price match is flawed in that the majority of the time when the cambelt is replaced the waterpump should also be replaced.

The quote I have had from a local garage to replace camblet and waterpump with genuine parts is £370 incl vat.

anyone else had any experience of this ?

thanks

I had my Belt and Pump changed at AMD in Essex for £312 all in, never paid more than this on any of my VAG cars so £370 seems a bit much.
Don't go to Audi, EVER.

audi had a deal on main dealer £399 fitted not sure if its still on, but £312 sounds niceee as well

just paid £300 for cambelt, water pump and the kit (as he called it) he also did a service...(local garage)

audi are rip offs!