Injector Recall for PD170 - Might be already known to you lot.

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My car was in Audi today for its MOT.

While it was being booked in a recall notice appeared stating that my car has been flagged up to get all injectors replaced FOC.

Apparently the Recall notice was only issued today? (Saw it pop up on screen with date of today)

I thought I would just let you guys know.

Alisdair

^^ 140 models made in 2006 can be affected too, mine was checked by Audi Leeds FOC.

checked or changed?

Checked mate, i phoned up Audi UK, spoke to a chap called Dominic and asked about this issue, he told me that my MY A3 140 was affected and told me to get my car booked into Audi Leeds.

Audi Leeds checked the part numbers and ran a diagnostics check on them and they came back with a clean bill of health.

The bloke on the service desk at Audi Leeds told me that the 140s can suffer from this 'dodgy batch' of injectors but it's much more common to the 170 variant.

Had my car die on me this morning :-(
Got towed to Audi dealer, as soon as I got there they said there is a recall on this car due to injector problems.
I asked when this was issued country wide & they said Friday ;-)
All repaired foc except for a large bill for a holed inlet manifold :-(
Glad it went now before the bad weather kicked in, nice to see Audi are taking note, regained my confidence with them :)

Had my car die on me this morning :-(
Got towed to Audi dealer, as soon as I got there they said there is a recall on this car due to injector problems.
I asked when this was issued country wide & they said Friday ;-)
All repaired foc except for a large bill for a holed inlet manifold :-(
Glad it went now before the bad weather kicked in, nice to see Audi are taking note, regained my confidence with them :)

Was the hole in the inlet connected to the injector failure?

Well my car is a Jan 2008 170 so unsure if this is only for 170... i saw on screen 140-170... cant confirm though.

Glad the info helps.

No don't think it was, has been leaking a little oil next to the vacum unit (above alternator) for approx 8 months now, not been a major issue so not realy bothered with it, till now !!

Spoke to Leicester Audi. They will have car in (06 170 Quattro) and check injectors and run diagnostic FOC. Will replace if anything deemed faulty. However, if other faults are flagged by the diagnostic they will charge the £132 + VAT (unreal)!!

I have a dilemma as sporadically my glow plug light has come on (PL12600 - Inlet Manifold, which has been checked and deemed OK by an independent), so this will no doubt flag again prompting a charge.

Does anyone know what the likely symptoms are of faulty injectors? Could it be linked to the fault above and I have also noticed a hesitation when accelerating when the car is between 3-4k RPM.

Any help on the back of this post would be helpful and may save me a few quid!!!

Cheers:think:

Last edited:
Spoke to Leicester Audi. They will have car in (06 170 Quattro) and check injectors and run diagnostic FOC. Will replace if anything deemed faulty. However, if other faults are flagged by the diagnostic they will charge the £132 + VAT (unreal)!!

I have a dilemma as sporadically my glow plug light has come on (PL12600 - Inlet Manifold, which has been checked and deemed OK by an independent), so this will no doubt flag again prompting a charge.

Does anyone know what the likely symptoms are of faulty injectors? Could it be linked to the fault above and I have also noticed a hesitation when accelerating when the car is between 3-4k RPM.

Any help on the back of this post would be helpful and may save me a few quid!!!

Cheers:think:

Well mate i had the same as you, i got an audi tech friend to check mine and he came back to me saying its the manifold intake control flap, same thing my vag com said so i said no chance it is the injectors and he said basically computer says no.

So my car died yesterday on a roundabout, my hazards light worked and then didnt work, no brake lghts its was choas!

So i had the manifold intake control flap fitted today and the car still wont start.

So god knows what next, my car is at the volvo garage as my friend towed it there as he works there so i am going to scan it in the morning and hopfully it comes up with something if not a call to audi techincal guys.

Hold on guys... i thought a recall means regardless if your car is working at the moment... Audi will have to replace the injectors regardless...

Wont just checking them mean the recall has not been carried out... or just a failure waiting to happen?

I mean my car has been perfect... but they are replacing all of the injectors...

Hold on guys... i thought a recall means regardless if your car is working at the moment... Audi will have to replace the injectors regardless...

Wont just checking them mean the recall has not been carried out... or just a failure waiting to happen?

I mean my car has been perfect... but they are replacing all of the injectors...

very good point! last time i enquired about it they had told me i had to pay £150 for a diagnosis! i'm going to contact them again and ask them about the recall and see if i qualify for it.

Just a heads up, got my car back today with the injectors fitted foc ;-)
The service guy said that if it hadn't broke down on Monday, I still would have been contacted to get the fault fixed !!
Hope this helps, if not get to your dealer ASAP to check or get them fitted.
Can be dangerous if it happens on the motorway :-(

Can't find the recall notice on the Vosa website???

very interesting read! alot of ammo there to take to audi if they try to dismiss you on the fact of not buying the car from them directly or having FASH! its annoying that

IMO Audi should be sorting these issues out for customers without the need of the customer complaining. they should be on the ball about it and do whats needed to fix the issues.

I will be contacting Audi again very soon to have my car checked of injector issues.

Right then after reading a lot here and driving my oil burner for 6 months 2007 170 PD S-Line I thought it time to pick up the phone....... I started with the supplying dealer who confirmed it had had 1 injector was replaced during the 3yr warranty period but not all 4 had been replaced. They also pointed out it was on a "field service" (recall) to have all 4 replaced. So I called my local dealer Stratford Audi who after deleting my old car managed to sort out the system and agreed the injectors are on a recall RK-2 somthing or other. I asked does it qualify for a courtesy car he said yes so all booked in and he said it'll get a visual inspection and a wash and vacuum!
Now on a 5 yr old motor that ain't half bad! Bet they'll try and find £500 quid's worth of faults but hey ho.
SO if you have a 170 2.0l TDI PD PHONE YOUR LOCAL DEALER NOW!!! FOC is FOC!!!

Last edited:
Very useful thread guys. I phoned Audi today and my 2007 170 Quattro S Line has been identified as a potential candidate. Booked in for next week but I forgot to ask if this check is FOC, it better be!!!

S

Car died last night! on a dual carriageway ~60mph in 6th, lost power, no revs, loads of lights!

Police had to divert traffic and AA towed to Audi dealer, gutted to say the least. I was that pleb on the side of the road causing traffic jams!

Car was already booked in with the same dealer for a new turbo today (good will on parts, I pay labour).

Audi are now replacing all four injectors FOC + Turbo, apparently everyone is getting a letter in the next two weeks about the recall for injector replacement.

Hopefully it will be right as rain by the end of the day!

Can anything else go wrong??! on a 57 plate 2.0 TDI 170 quattro??! DPF, Clutch.... fingers crossed.

Just rang Audi and i got to book my car in next week for injectors to be checked! just gotta find a day im free now :/

Do all you guys have 170s or are some 140s getting this done as well?
are you just going direct to the dealers or contacting Audi UK?

Rang my local Stealer (Lister Coventry) and cars booked in to get all injectors changed FOC!
.. if youve got a 170pd then ring your local dealer and see if your car is listed as being in the injector recall!

Itwasntme,

I got a 2007 170 and phoned Audi head office. They told me to get it checked at local dealer..

I emailed Audi South Dublin Service to see if the recall was for outside the UK(Audi UK had kindly agreed to replace all four injectors and loom FOC in Belfast a month ago)

They came back and said that they received the recall notice on the 5th of December and can do all the work FOC with a replacement car provided next wednesday.

Good service all round

Hi Guy, Gals,

Just a quick update got the injectors replaced FOC.

I am actually amazed that i can actually feel a difference... now considering there was actually nothing wrong that I can tell on my car before it went in... the car seems to be ALOT smoother.

For those interested... the new parts seem to be bosch made.

im in the same boat.. got mine booked in for nxt monday to get them replaced, even though ive not had any issue's with the injectors.
when you say you can notice the car to be smoother.. i take it acceleration, idle etc..??

Got a phonecall of audi halesowen today saying my car was ready to be picked up 170pd sportback, brand new injectors and loom FOC :) vwry happy :) any noticed a difference from the change yet??

im in the same boat.. got mine booked in for nxt monday to get them replaced, even though ive not had any issue's with the injectors.
when you say you can notice the car to be smoother.. i take it acceleration, idle etc..??
I'll let you know 2mrw get mine back then.

Mine's being 'inspected' next Wednesday so looks like it could be the 2008's too.

Handed mine into Edinburgh Audi today. Garage job sheet says "THIS IS NOT A RECALL-THIS IS A WORKSHOP CHECK"

Total joke, will let you know how I get on guys......

PS

Mine has been remapped so they better not tinker with the ECU!

Handed mine into Edinburgh Audi today. Garage job sheet says "THIS IS NOT A RECALL-THIS IS A WORKSHOP CHECK"

Total joke, will let you know how I get on guys......

PS

Mine has been remapped so they better not tinker with the ECU!

Same as mine, apparently they shouldn't touch the map even if they update the ecu as it takes some doing. I just emailed Audi customer service and asked if mine was on the recall list, got a phone call a couple of days later (today) to have it inspected. Will see what happens.