wheel fitment

shresh

Reaction score
Website
none
considering some 18"x7.5 wheels with offset of 35 and pcd 5x112

will these fit alright? and what does the different offset do? (i think standard offset is 45)

cheers in advance

I'd like to drive an A3 with that kind of offset, just to see what it does for the front end scrub radius and steering feel.

I understand the larger offset will be a little harder on the wheel bearings etc, but I could live with that if it felt good handling-wise.

I rally wonder why Audi decided on a narrower track on the rear??

It's not only Audi! (well I suppose seeing as VW/Seat/Audi/Skoda all share the same platforms it would kinda figure they where the same)

J.

how far out will they go? think that would give the audi a subtle aggression upgrade - would look good.

i had no idea the front track is wider than the rear though - is it by much? will have a good look tonight. i'm guessing with even tracks, there must be some understeer.

another thing - can i fit 18x8 tyres on these wheels?

I can't answer your questions but this may help your understanding :
offset.gif

Karcsi, thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
i had no idea the front track is wider than the rear though - is it by much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Front track: 1531mm

Rear track: 1515 mm

Delta: 16 mm

So each rear wheel is 8mm closer to the car's centerline than the front ones.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm guessing with even tracks, there must be some understeer.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my guess as well.

ET gives you the distance to attachment point(plate?) from the center of the wheel.

For example, one of my friend has an ET of -4 which means that the wheel is attached to the car from almost the middle of the wheel which gives the wheel a HUGE lip.

I'm also considering 10mm spacers all-around.

putting spacers on the rear wouldn't confuse the esp and abs computer thingamies then? i'm very wary of anything to do with wheels or suspension

[ QUOTE ]
I had spacers on my R32 at the back - 10mm each side and didn't notice any nore understeer...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's very good to know. I'm getting tired of the way the narrow rear track looks... (I know it's just looks... maybe I really am vain?) Which brand did you use?

As far as I know though, no-one makes rear camber adjusters yet, so nothing can be done (yet) to reduce the camber on lowered A38p's...

Dumni, I don't think ABS/ESP/EBD/ABD or even the Haldex coupling would notice a wider rear track...?

Ok I lied they where 5mm each side - 10mm in total.

I bought the FK ones. Managed to get a deal on em.

I bought through a mate, let us know what size your after and I can get a price for you if you like!

J.

Hey, thanks J!

I love to drive the living /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out my car, on all types of nasty roads, so I would have to get absolutely top-notch spacers. I'd like billet aluminum, perfectly hub-centric... I suppose you didn"t have any problems with yours? And I know you drive your cars...!

5mm a side would do it, but I'd love to find 8mm ones.

Cheers!