Emissions light on FSi

jodeci

Reaction score
Started up the A3 this morning and the Emissions light came on after a very messy start, I let it run idle for a few mins and it went off. Parked it up and took the golf instead just in case. Anyone know of any problem with the cat/emissions on the Fsi engines? Might have just been a lumpy start but after getting it serviced a couple of weeks ago I though it best to be cautions and not drive it today. Noticed a short trail of fluid out the drive it might have been out the exhaust as it looks to have originated from that area.

I had the same problem on my 1.6 FSI while driving on the highway. I rushed the car into the dealer who later told me that it was low quality fuel that caused the signal to appear. He also told me never to leave the car tell me it's time to eat because petrol remains may cause this warning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

yes!; I had a problem with my 2.0 FSI with the emissions light. Seems that the car uses 4 lambda sensors(senses the oxygen in the exhaust gas) and two had gone faulty. The symptoms were poor MPG and lower performance. The delaer changed them both under warranty.
It should have logged the error in the fault memory so the dealer should be able to see. Unfortunately, it does not tell you which lambda is faulty!, so its a bit trial and error until they get the faulty one.

Also, you must always use optimax or super plus in the FSI engine otherwise it will lose performance and MPG (98 RON)

Yeah thought it might have been the petrol only thing is the car has never seen a drop of any other petrol than optimax! My feeling is the local shell is not selling what it is advertising as pura I have noticed the car ran better when I filled up in other stations, would reporting this to shell be futile?

I personally prefer using BP petrol in my region. I always has performance degradation when using Shell petrol. It seems it's only good for Ferraris..

Actually the stratified part was removed, because the NOx removing costs too much money to include with the car, compared to the fuel economy gained.

Engines get enough hot with proper thermostat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

yeah i do but i can get some things wrong sometimes. but in this case im not wrong. for some stupid reason they still call it fsi though. thanks for the show of confidence though 911