Help needed on my a3 bumper

S3 EVIL

Reaction score
Hi iv just brought a 2004 audi a3 140bp sport and was considering buying a 57 plate audi s3 kit and wanted to no what bits i would need to change by the looks of my audi it already seems to have a s line bumper on it and im not sure what else could of been changed to make this fit

Any help much appreciated

Thanks for that awesome looking car mate

I'm assuming mine been a 04 plate should of came with the split grill front bumper but when I brought the car it had the 1 piece big grill s line bumper would that been a straight fit or would the person who did the work would of had to change things around like the bonnet also

Sorry about all the silly questions I've just came out of a 8l s3 so don't really know anything about the 8p

Iv located front rear and skirts from a57 plate s3 and wanted to fit them but just wanted to no if my bonnet had already been changed to make the s line bumper fit

Looks like the previous owner has done the s-line conversion already then, if you still want to go s3 makes it slightly cheaper for you, now you do not need to buy a new bonnet. You still need the bumper front grille, fogs, fog surrounds and you also need to cut the reinforcement bar each side slightly for the bumper to fit properly. But that's all the parts you will need and you could take a bit of money back from the s-line parts on the bay.
Good luck mate post some pics up with your progress.

Does any one know we're I can get the fogs and fog surround cheap I think the front bumper already has the grill on it but some of the silver is missing from it so if I need a new grill how much would a black one be

This is why the s3 conversion involves alot of time sourcing parts or alot of money, grilles vary can be lucky but they do go for over £250 for optics say, fogs and surrounds again could be lucky or alot of people bit the bullet and went to the dealers, haven't seen any come up lately on the bay so might be worth ringing dealers getting a price, give Dave at stoke Audi a message on here see what price he could come up with or try somewhere like euro parts for a price while searching the bay like a madman.

Would the silver trim of my s line bumper not fit and paint it until I source something cheap and would the fogs out my s line bumper not

Would the silver trim of my s line bumper not fit and paint it until I source something cheap and would the fogs out my s line bumper not
no the s3 grill is smaller than the s-line grill not by a lot but enough so you can't fit it , i think the s3 fogs are different too but not 100% on that

It seems like I Don't actually have a s line front bumper it's the 8p2 standard front bumper would the bonnet have been changed to fit that bumper on the 8p1 model and if yes does that mean I still don't need a bumper for the s3 kit

It seems like I Don't actually have a s line front bumper it's the 8p2 standard front bumper would the bonnet have been changed to fit that bumper on the 8p1 model and if yes does that mean I still don't need a bumper for the s3 kit
if your bumper is the same as mine in my sig but with the full frame grill then its the standard bumper but they would have changed the bonnet anyway the grill is a different shape on the 8p2 compared to the 8p1 on of the main reasons why i haven't done the conversion yet , but all bonnets are the same on all 8p2 models only bumpers are different

I went on a previous post that was posted by staz And it has pictures from the front of all the a3's that's we're I found it but I just thought gather the info before I purchase the front bumper with the grill but the grill has some silver bit missing and the rear bumper with diffuser and skirts and find out after that it will cost a lot more on other bits

I can imagine it probably gets anoying when a new be comes along
Is there no cheap fix for the silver trim mate

hey mate cheers for the pm, i cant reply yet cus ive not got enough posts so had to reply in here. but I am very interested so keep me posted, cheers.

I can imagine it probably gets anoying when a new be comes along
Is there no cheap fix for the silver trim mate
i know you can buy the outside trim on its own from audi think (but not 100% sure) around £50 ish but like i said not 100% sure

iv been told it has to be a complete grill i cant replace the silver trim
does anyone know anybody selling a cheap grill black or chrome

Hi you all what part number should I be looking for when searching a s3 front grill for the 8p2