im a new guy PLEASE HELP ME URGENT ! fault code P2108 throttle actuator ctrl mod perf

TDI140

Reaction score
hi im new to this forum i joined a while ago but haven't registered my account until now, im seeking advise on a problem i have encountered with my car, it is an audi a3 2.0 tdi 140 its had a previous remap done by the previous owner and it runs fine, but a couple of days ago it came up with the engine management light, i have a scan tool hand held computer i plugged it in with the ignition on and checked engine faults it came up with nothing and then went into obdII setting before you click (vw/audi) and the fault code was -

P2108 throttle actuator ctrl mod perf

i went back to the vw/audi bit and did a rediness test i dont know what rediness means though ???

it came up

MIL - PASS
DTC CHAMBER - PASS (think thats what it said)
FUEL SYSTEM - PASS
EGR SYSTEM - FAIL

i want to kno if anyone has the same problem and how they fixed it and is the EGR SYSTEM coming up as fail because the throttle body flap think is jammed full of crap/gunk ???
is the problem easy to fix ??

the car has lost some performance it doesnt seem as torquey its quite sluggish :( makes me sad :( :( :(

please help me i beg of you

Common problem, just go gsf and get a new throttle body, approx £200

Common problem, just go gsf and get a new throttle body, approx £200

if i get a throtle body can i fit it myself ? i heard that it has to be realigned or something like that ??

and my car is booked into audi for monday for the injector loom and 4 injectors free of charge thanks to vosa :) they will plug it in and ring me before they fix the throttle body fault shouldnt they ?? or would they fix it and charge me ?? because the injectors are free of charge ?

you can fit it yourself, there's only 3 bolts to undo.
as for audi calling before they fix it, im not sure, ive aways serviced my cars myself.

you can fit it yourself, there's only 3 bolts to undo.
as for audi calling before they fix it, im not sure, ive aways serviced my cars myself.

so the part doesnt need alignment ?? its just take the old one off and take the sensor out and fit new part and plug the sensor back in ??? easy peasy ???

just want to say thanks for your help roman3000

111830.jpg

Thats what the part looks like, once youve bolted down the new part pull the cover of the flap (will be a plasctic cap thing) then connect the pipes up and plug the new one in, and thats it.

that seems easy enough thanks mate ive got a full silicone hose kit bought it off some one yesterday should look nice its in red only paid £50 was it worth it ?? its forge i think ? thats connects to the throttle body, i will buy one of those throttle bodies if i cant get audi to fix it for me for free ill give it a try on monday .....

common problem with a3 2.0 got mine changed last week was making a terrible noise
apparently the tt version can be used and is a lot better long term

cant send messages as im new user

hi mate audi tt one ? what reg and what engine and what would i say when ordering the throttle body, and will the audi tt throttle body fit straight onto the egr valve ??? im confused and interested LOL<br><br>ok basically ring up your local audi dealership and say that you want to speak to the manager or the main person who handles the repairs department, and say to them that you have found out from vosa and also say that i have told you that basically that they have to repair the fault free of charge and say the fault is making the car judder when stopped at traffic lights and whilst driving and they should book it in and i also got a courtesy car so try for one of those aswel just blag it mate although you have the problem with your car, mine also had the fault but i exagurated to get them worried for injustice and whatever

it was an easy fix i posted how i did it on the link provided by Mullerz

cheers for all the help guys
rate the forum 10/10 ;)

cars gone audi today 5th/december/2011 for 4 new injectors and injector loom free off charge courtesy off audi and i get courtesy car wonder what it is :p

No probs try to help where we can
Is there a limit on the year for the injector issue?
Which dealer have you gone to?

erm mine came back injector issue free they replace fuel filter and put full tank off fuel in there for me :p
and they replaced the injector loom which could have been the issue its sorted now
i think the issue could be with any age car maine 2004-2005 the early 8p1 double grill model

my throttle body/IMF fault is still there not gone need to replace the throttle body/(IMF) intake manifold flap £200 + only 2 hour job do it myself lol

oh yeah forgot to ask you Mullerz how much you want for the rs4 wheels and what condition and do they have tyres ??

Sorry for digging up a old thread. What is the best tool to use to undo the long rear hex bolt holding on to the throttle body to the EGR. My allen key isn't really decent enough to do the job.