Wow that was quick .........

steeve

Reaction score
Not quite got to the point of thrashing my motor yet (A3 3.2 with 800 miles on the clock) but I followed a motor this morning in the dark and was driving pretty quickly, but I was struggling to pull this car in any. I was wondering what the hell it was, its a narrow twisting lane that dips and dives. Finally caught up with him at the junction at the end. It was a new A6 2.7 TDI, wow was it quick.

STEVE........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Well, it might be time to have a chat to AMD and get your car up to 300bhp.....

the 2.7TDi is very fast for what is it.. and its unlikely your going to shake him at all other than getting upto the top speeds..

before i had mine chipped i couldn't shake a Fabia VRs that was chipped..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

so thats what prompted me to get it chipped and then not really winning any races at santa pod made me change the car.. lol

[ QUOTE ]
the 2.7TDi is very fast for what is it..

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just fast. Period. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]
the 2.7TDi is very fast for what is it.. and its unlikely your going to shake him at all other than getting upto the top speeds..

before i had mine chipped i couldn't shake a Fabia VRs that was chipped..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

so thats what prompted me to get it chipped and then not really winning any races at santa pod made me change the car.. lol

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO - a chipped Fabia vRS will outrun a chipped S3 until you get to silly speeds!

I wasnt going balls out as I havent done enough miles for a thrash, but the speed of this oil burner was impresssive as was the way it went down the twisties. he must know the road well.