Chris NottSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

(Another!) Single-din to Double-din Query... [S3 MRU!]

Firstly, hello all! Been a member on the forums for a month or so, never posted anything just been having a nosey. Haha

I own a 2005 A3 2.0TDI 140.

I'm sorry to post yet another single-din to double-din question, but I can't find an answer when searching. (S3 MRU, I noticed you were on many of the threads about this mate, hoping you may be able to help!) I have read the guide here: DIY:Single to Double Din Conversion for Audi A3 and am very eager to get started!

Basically, I'm wanting to change from single-din concert to the double-din concert. Mine is naff, the CD player has been a nightmare since I've had the car, always refuses to play CDs, skips tracks.. and yes I've tried loads of CD player cleaners, scratch resistant CDs.. the lot! Fact is, it's a write off!! I know, I know.. I should have waited and saved up for the RNS-e, but I just can't justify the price.. and besides, I have a TomTom! haha

I managed to source a Concert 3 / Concert 2+. The question I have is regarding the connector (Pic: ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting) I believe this is a 'Quadlock'? I'm assuming different to the single-din! What will I need to connect this? If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated! There are that many cables on eBay, most seem to be for aftermarket units though?

I haven't actually taken the single-din out as yet, the radio keys haven't arrived!

As said, any advice is appreciated!

Adam

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    gentle bump!!

Fossie

Status
    Not sure I can answer your question but have you got all the other double din parts that are required ?

The quadlock is on the back of an RNSE unit but the other end should have sockets for the existing plugs ( I think !!! )

I should wait and see what's on the back of your current set up before you proceed.

4th Gear

Status
    Easy job mate
    Go through my threads
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

4th Gear

Status
    Pm me if you have any specific questions will be happy to help you out
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice one mate, I'll have a look through now!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You'll need ISO to Quadlock adapter, £30 on ebay, plus you will find radio signals will be degraded as the newer units use a different antenna system, hence why the rns-e uprade is your best option as it uses same antenna system on cars from 03-mid 06 as antenna swaps are about £300 supply/fit.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi NHN, thanks for that mate

To be honest, I'm really not fussed about the radio, I only ever listen to the breakfast shows and that is rare!!

If I have a CD player that actually works and will let me skip tracks, I will be happy! Might even look at getting the iPod interface at some point for Podcasts etc.