2.0 TDI 140 issue on long journeys

B17AVM

The Whoa
Reaction score
Hey,

Wondering if someone could help. I have a mate with an Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 and its starting having an issue on long journeys only.

At roughly 80-90mph in 6th, the accelerator pedal goes to the floor, car slows down and uses about 50 miles of the range within a few mins. Turning the engine off and back on seems to resolve the issue until the next time.

Engine management states over boost and limph mode. They've had all the pipes etc checked.

Any clues? First thought was boost pipe.....

Cheers. Peace.

Same problem i have! It's the vanes in the turbo sticking, basically probably needs a new/refurbed turbo! I've learnt to drive around it though, i just dont put my foot to the floor in 6th :happy:

If the pipes are all ok then its a new turbo mate

Happened to me..:crying:

Seeing this thread does not please me. Mine did this for the first time yesterday after driving for about 3 hours!

Seeing this thread does not please me. Mine did this for the first time yesterday after driving for about 3 hours!

Mine did it for the first time on a trip back from Birmingham, it was just a sudden loss of power. Turned it off and on again and it was fine! Seems to only do it when booting it in 6th or getting to the red line in 5th. I've thrashed it in every other gear and it seems to be fine!

Oh dear!!! Sounds more and more like what happened to me. I don't know about the full throttle bit though as the other half was driving, and it was switched off when we pulled over, so I could see what was happened (Me being the master technician and all, I had to see for myself).

Sounds like it'll be a very expensive issue just before xmas!!!

If its overboosting, you shouldnt be driving it until finding the issue, because if the turbo pops, the mess is allot worse than removing & cleaning/changing, trust me, been there myself, cleaning out the IC, exhaust, cat, piping, IMF, intake mani, real pig of a job.

If they
Same problem i have! It's the vanes in the turbo sticking, basically probably needs a new/refurbed turbo! I've learnt to drive around it though, i just dont put my foot to the floor in 6th :happy:
Are
If they are sticking does that mean need new turbo ?

If its overboosting, you shouldnt be driving it until finding the issue, because if the turbo pops, the mess is allot worse than removing & cleaning/changing, trust me, been there myself, cleaning out the IC, exhaust, cat, piping, IMF, intake mani, real pig of a job.
Mine is over boosting but I know I have split power boost pipes and goes in limp when I drive sometimes iam hoping my turbo is ok :/

Hiya I have an audi a3 2.0 tdi and iv had it going into limp mode so I checked it on diag and said overboosting I have split power boost pipes could this be reason they iam having the problems iam ?

Hiya I have an audi a3 2.0 tdi and iv had it going into limp mode so I checked it on diag and said overboosting I have split power boost pipes could this be reason they iam having the problems iam ?

Mine did the same, underboost and a few other faults.

New turbo went in a month or so ago.

All sorted now but an expensive problem to sort.