New S3 Arrival :)

andywaddy

Reaction score
Put in a factory order approximately six weeks ago...and was originally quoted mid-February/early March. Was a little disappointed to say the least but hey ho...what can you do. My only positive was that it wouldn't have to survive a harsh winter over here!

Decided to ring up earlier today with the optimistic hope that it had entered the build cycle. It just so happens that it's already been built and sat in Germany awaiting shipment! Should be arriving in the UK next week I was kindly informed. Whilst I am delighted that it looks like I'm getting my car three months earlier than planned I can't help but have two little annoyances:

1. How can you possibly get a lead time SO wrong?!

2. Why am I having to phone and pester THEM to see where my car is in the cycle. Surely they should be informing me that it's been built at the very least? For the price I'm paying I don't expect to have to keep chasing them.

Don't be fooled into thinking your business is that important, once the ink dries it seems at many dealers the customer then drives any comms with the dealer as theyre focussed on the next man/woman.

Fortunately the car is very good, so look forward to the hardware! Look forward to seeing it posted up here soon!

I reckon they must have had a build slot already or a cancelled one within their dealer group.

As for you petering them - I think this totally depends on your dealer/salesman. Mine would ring me once every week at a minimum to inform me of the situation.

stop complaining, most dealer issues come from late not early deliveries :p sure you will like it

Reactions: andywaddy
Yeah tbh I fail to see why you're whinging, be glad its so early :)

Don't be fooled into thinking your business is that important, once the ink dries it seems at many dealers the customer then drives any comms with the dealer as theyre focussed on the next man/woman.

Fortunately the car is very good, so look forward to the hardware! Look forward to seeing it posted up here soon!

Fair point actually...just you'd expect a tiny bit of customer aftercare every now and again but I guess their work stops after the dotted line!

I'm definitely looking forward to it! It was heartbreaking knowing I'd have to wait approx five months so I'm over the moon with two months really.

I'll be sure to throw some photos up on here as soon as possible!

Are you past your running in period yet? Any advice on ownership you can offer would be much appreciated....it's the first time I've owned an Audi and a brand spanker actually so I want to look after it properly as you'd expect....especially with the winter fast approaching.

Yeah tbh I fail to see why you're whinging, be glad its so early :)

Long day at work I think! When I get it, I highly doubt I'll have any qualms! :)

I hear you're the man for VCDS cables as well?

looks like christmas came early for you, you lucky ******!!! :cool: