Buying a New Audi "Dearler or internet site"

Fuzzman

Reaction score
please can you help

I went to test drive a new A3 DSG form an Audi dealer " I found the sale person friendly but going though the motions " which P*** me and my wife off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif The test drive was only going down the road and back 5 min top.

So may I ask has anyone bought a car from the internet ( i.e web site www.drivethedeal.com) and had any problems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Thanks

Had the same experience 2 days ago.

Did the dealer offer a good price??

My local dealer didn't want to talk to me when I told him the price I had seen an A3 Sportback S Line DSG for on the web.

As well as drivethedeal has anybody had experience with Autoebid.com??

Have a look here

Deals

I'm in the same boat. I saw that drivethedeal had their discount at 12% for 3 days. Not sure if you could match that at Audi. On the other hand drivethedeal were advertising a 2.7 A6 tdi for £768, not sure if that is right.

I must say that I have spoken to Crawley Audi and found them nothing but helpful, a weekend test drive included. Will be ordering on the 16th of April and will expecting a closely matched deal.

You should be able to get around 8% with no bother from a dealer. 9 or 10 is possible if you like to banter!! Don't give in to their first offer!

If your set on buying from a dealer, but want the discounted internet price, or near to it as possible, then play off your local or not so local dealers, you will find some are aloof but some are totally cool by it.

At the end of the day, you've got the cash, and they want it.

Drivethedeal are just brokers. When you order from them you order from a UK dealership. Derby Audi in my case but there may be one nearer to you.

I ordered a TT from them and had no probs.

I wanted to order my A3 from them but they don't do trade ins so had to barter with a stealer who got pretty close to the DtheD discount.

As others have said, you should have no problems with DTD, they're just an introduction agency really.

However, unless the market has changed since last December dealers will match their prices.

Portsmouth Audi certainly did for me, in fact they beat it.
Aston Green in Slough got close but have a reputation for being a bunch of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif.

Hi Chaps

I used Drive the Deal to get my sportback and I can highly recommend them. They will get you the best price possible without having to go through any negotiations at all. No one I have seen on this forum has been able to beat (maybe equal) their prices through direct dealer negotiations. If you want to use a local dealer then get a price off drive the deal and beat them down with it. If you use drive the deal you don't actually deal with them for long - once the deal is booked their dealer contacts you and you work with them directly from there on it to organise deilvery, get updates on delivery dates, etc.

I had a very good experience with the entire process and can highly recommend drive the deal. Their quoting tool on line is also very good.

Whatcar.co.uk has 'list price' and 'target price' on their website.
The 'target price' is the lowest price they have managed to find the car for at a UK dealer.
It's a very good guide as to what is achievable.
If you ask them,they will give you the details of the dealer that gave them that figure.