Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: EM tuning ed light upgrade

MPG the new BPH

Status

EM tuning ed light upgrade

Hello Peeps
    spoen most of yesterday fitting and editing a video guide on how to fit the bulbs from EM tuning ( used pictures) i have tried to load to you tube and it wont work as its not a wmv. tried to conver on window movie maker it wont give me the option evan tried guides on you tube. and i am not getting the same options, can any one help ?

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

2. # ADS
    ADS

MPG the new BPH

Status
    NO................................................ .............. ok ill put some pics up

you will see where most of the clips are to remove the lights and fittings this is advice only. I am not responsible for any damage you may cause though improper fitting.

The kit and whats included i went for full interior ( no footwell lights )

Before the visor lights and front dome ( two LED on the visors and three each side for the dome )

removing the visor lights leaver in from your leaft hand side and pop out

remove the backing plate just lever out ( its sharp so mind yourself )

Put back together and pop back in

both sides

front dome there are two clips facing you just leaver out and remove ( turn the light of first the bulbs can be hot )

swap bulb its that simple than put cover back

both done

now the rear dome pretty much the same but leaver out facing away from you ( if your sitting in the back )

50/ 50

front and rear done

Right heres the two buggers ( glovebox more so process for both is the same be careful with the loom )

starting with the worst the glovebox just leaver out from clip in mine facing the pasenger door. i sugest uncliping the unit and taking indoors to do just remove the black cover and bend the metal bulb holder so you can fit the LED board in. the black cover has space so dont worry about the wires.

same for the boot the clup on mine was facing me

DUN DUN DUN ! NO FAULT CODES CHEERS T8UPS
    VeeDubDan, MrWhItEwOlF and Paullie like this.

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    I cheated and popped to see Trups - he did the puddle lights & red safety markers too - looks great!
    RegardsHeliFellaVCDS newbie.8V now ordered...I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/ '61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates, gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Helifella View Post
    I cheated and popped to see Trups - he did the puddle lights & red safety markers too - looks great!
    ill have to check if mine has the markers my 8p2 did. i dont have the puddle i checked lol imo this mod is worth the money 100% over. thought he may have commented

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    Hello Peeps
    spoen most of yesterday fitting and editing a video guide on how to fit the bulbs from EM tuning ( used pictures) i have tried to load to you tube and it wont work as its not a wmv. tried to conver on window movie maker it wont give me the option evan tried guides on you tube. and i am not getting the same options, can any one help ?
    What file type are you trying to convert from?

MPG the new BPH

Status
    wlmp its called i have looked on you tube how to chanage ( should just save project in hd but wont give me the options may be cos its stills ? added vido to it and it didnt work)

5th Gear

Status
    ill have to check if mine has the markers my 8p2 did. i dont have the puddle i checked lol imo this mod is worth the money 100% over. thought he may have commented
    mike, great write up on this, if you dont have the light pack you wont have the red warning lights. Great write up, i will be using this link when members ask about fitting the roof and sunvisors.

glad you are happy.

thanks
    Trups

MPG the new BPH

Status
    was gonna pm you when the vid was sorted. very happy highly recomend

MPG the new BPH

Status
    done it and yes i know i put on errors v.s no errors lol peed off
    Audi EM tuning - YouTube

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    you want puddles and footwells

MrWhItEwOlF and pinterovski like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    show off

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Nice write up!!

Gonna be doing this mod at the weekend when they arrive
    MrWhItEwOlF likes this.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser89 View Post
    Nice write up!!

Gonna be doing this mod at the weekend when they arrive
    you cant tell from the pics but they are brighter and its a cleaner light it eluminates rather than spots. as its a cheap mod i think its well worth doing they should come like this imo

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Totally agree... My new BE has footwell lights and they look orange!! Can't wait to change them out.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    what type are the wells and doors? the boards or the festoon type

Neutral

Status
    I changed the bulbs over to led via trups

It really is night and day pardon the pun , well worth doing it

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

what type are the wells and doors? the boards or the festoon type
    boards

have a look here for my write up
    Interior LED Package installed (PIC HEAVY!)
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    boards

have a look here for my write up
    Interior LED Package installed (PIC HEAVY!)
    Bad luck there a pain.

Audi A3 Sport 1.6 2006

Status
    Just done my puddle and footwell lights (already done my domes etc and loving them) also bought a spare boot light as the one doesnt give as much light as I want so gonna DIY a second one on the other side with the second LEDs and should be alot better :D

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWhItEwOlF View Post
    Just done my puddle and footwell lights (already done my domes etc and loving them) also bought a spare boot light as the one doesnt give as much light as I want so gonna DIY a second one on the other side with the second LEDs and should be alot better :D
    get some pics up when you can

6th Gear

Status
    Sean did the fitting of the looms go according to plan? Any issues or anything?

5th Gear

Status
    Ash,

Them Rear footwells look awesome. defo as mod for all a3 8p owners as the back of the seats already have a cut out so all you need are the lamps and some looms oh and not forgetting the LED's - Audi Footwell/Puddle/Boot and Glove box 501 LED upgrade

MPG the new BPH

Status
    boot is the winner can dig gear out of my bag

Neutral

Status
    Hi Trups,

I'd like to buy the following for my 2008 58 Pre Facelift S3. I don't have the light pack.

front and rear dome lights £17 - 6 led
    sunvisors - £6 - 2 led
    numberplate £6 - 2 led
    boot and glove pack - £8.50 - 8 led and 4 led custom bulb
    postage is £1.52 1st class recorded.

I was a bit worried that the Numberplate lights would be too bright but for £6 I'm just going to give them a go.

If you can let me know how I go about buying / paying for these that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

5th Gear

Status
    Hi, Yes i can do you them kayemill, my paypal is trups_27@hotmail.com

just let me know when you have paid, i wont be able to post out untill tomo as im away from home till later this evening but will get them as asap for you.

Thanks
    Trups

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    Hi, Yes i can do you them kayemill, my paypal is trups_27@hotmail.com

just let me know when you have paid, i wont be able to post out untill tomo as im away from home till later this evening but will get them as asap for you.

Thanks
    Trups
    Hi Trups,

Payment has been sent.

Thanks in Advance.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kayemill View Post
    Hi Trups,

Payment has been sent.

Thanks in Advance.
    Hi Trups, Still can't reply to PM's so just to let you know I got your PM.

Will let you know when they arrive. Cheers

Neutral

Status
    Hi Trups,

Just to let you know I received my order yesterday when I got home. Everything in good condition. Kids won't let me fit them until Christmas though as they are a present from them.

Will let you know how I get on and post some pics when finished.

Thankyou very much.

Status

My Social Networking

Ok... So just done this on my BE. What a transformation.

Totally forget these pictures were here and I can now see why my sun visor light won't go back together. Having never taken this bit out before, I prised the plastic part of as it seemed the light unit was mounted inside. Think I'm gonna need to get the old superglue out. Anybody know the part numbers by any chance?

Thanks

Neutral

Status
    Hi Trups,I eventually got round to changing to the LEDs yesterday. All working great. Very happy with the result. Thanks again.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kayemill View Post
    Hi Trups,I eventually got round to changing to the LEDs yesterday. All working great. Very happy with the result. Thanks again.
    Same here, all fitted yesterday, all working with no errors, even the LED side lights!

Very pleased with the results, thanks T8ups
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

MPG the new BPH

Status
    yeah my thread is back also have the vido on you tube 32 views lol

Banana Menace!

Status
    NO................................................ .............. ok ill put some pics up

you will see where most of the clips are to remove the lights and fittings this is advice only. I am not responsible for any damage you may cause though improper fitting.

The kit and whats included i went for full interior ( no footwell lights )

Before the visor lights and front dome ( two LED on the visors and three each side for the dome )

removing the visor lights leaver in from your leaft hand side and pop out

remove the backing plate just lever out ( its sharp so mind yourself )

Put back together and pop back in

both sides

front dome there are two clips facing you just leaver out and remove ( turn the light of first the bulbs can be hot )

swap bulb its that simple than put cover back

both done

now the rear dome pretty much the same but leaver out facing away from you ( if your sitting in the back )

50/ 50

front and rear done

Right heres the two buggers ( glovebox more so process for both is the same be careful with the loom )

starting with the worst the glovebox just leaver out from clip in mine facing the pasenger door. i sugest uncliping the unit and taking indoors to do just remove the black cover and bend the metal bulb holder so you can fit the LED board in. the black cover has space so dont worry about the wires.

same for the boot the clup on mine was facing me

DUN DUN DUN ! NO FAULT CODES CHEERS T8UPS
    Massive thanks for posting this extremely helpful 'How To', Dude. I'm off to do mine this afternoon as my bulbs from Trups arrived this morning. Cheers! xx
    MrWhItEwOlF and pinterovski like this.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    good luck its pretty easy there a vid on you tube so you can wach it on your phone whist doing it
    Audi EM tuning - YouTube
    the boot light is the best so good when looking for stuff in bags ect

Status
    good luck its pretty easy there a vid on you tube so you can wach it on your phone whist doing it
    Audi EM tuning - YouTube
    Boot light is awesome isn't it, makes you realise how poor the std bulbs are. It's as big a step from bulb to LED as it was from candle to bulb! A black carpeted boot on a dark night was a mare for finding anything till I got these in. Loving them!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Banana Menace!

Status
    Audi EM tuning - YouTube
    All done! I just had a good look at your guide before I went out to the car and also at the guide Trups put up for fitting the glove/boot lights and it took me about half an hour all in. I found it pretty straightforward TBH and would recommend doing this to anyone. xx

Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    Boot light is awesome isn't it, makes you realise how poor the std bulbs are. It's as big a step from bulb to LED as it was from candle to bulb! A black carpeted boot on a dark night was a mare for finding anything till I got these in. Loving them!
    I'll second that, Warren! I've already nipped out 3 times tonight, just to look at my lovely new interior lights, lol. Lov 'em!! xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Status
    Nice one Paullie, makes the interior look fresh doesn't it.

What did you do with the footwell lights? Did you manage to set the bulbs up to avoid the purple refractions?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

MPG the new BPH

Status
    my boot is normally pretty full of climbing gear it so useful to find what you need saves getting the head tourch out. if i couldnt do the full conversion right away i would defo recomend the boot light

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Nice one Paullie, makes the interior look fresh doesn't it.

What did you do with the footwell lights? Did you manage to set the bulbs up to avoid the purple refractions?
    the mod is sooo cheap and makes such a big diff i think everyone on the fourm should upgrade. the whole set cost what jetseal 109 does

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast