EM tuning ed light upgrade

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
Hello Peeps
spoen most of yesterday fitting and editing a video guide on how to fit the bulbs from EM tuning ( used pictures) i have tried to load to you tube and it wont work as its not a wmv. tried to conver on window movie maker it wont give me the option evan tried guides on you tube. and i am not getting the same options, can any one help ?

NO.............................................................. :tumble: ok ill put some pics up

you will see where most of the clips are to remove the lights and fittings this is advice only. I am not responsible for any damage you may cause though improper fitting.

The kit and whats included i went for full interior ( no footwell lights )
100_1537.jpg

Before the visor lights and front dome ( two LED on the visors and three each side for the dome )
100_1546.jpg

removing the visor lights leaver in from your leaft hand side and pop out
100_1549.jpg

remove the backing plate just lever out ( its sharp so mind yourself )
100_1554.jpg

Put back together and pop back in
100_1553.jpg

both sides
100_1556.jpg

front dome there are two clips facing you just leaver out and remove ( turn the light of first the bulbs can be hot )
100_1564.jpg

swap bulb its that simple than put cover back
100_1565.jpg

both done
100_1577.jpg

now the rear dome pretty much the same but leaver out facing away from you ( if your sitting in the back )
100_1569.jpg

50/ 50
100_1570.jpg

front and rear done
100_1576.jpg

Right heres the two buggers ( glovebox more so process for both is the same be careful with the loom )

starting with the worst the glovebox just leaver out from clip in mine facing the pasenger door. i sugest uncliping the unit and taking indoors to do just remove the black cover and bend the metal bulb holder so you can fit the LED board in. the black cover has space so dont worry about the wires.
100_1548.jpg

100_1558.jpg

100_1574.jpg

100_1561.jpg

same for the boot the clup on mine was facing me
100_1544.jpg

100_1571.jpg

100_1575.jpg

100_1576.jpg

DUN DUN DUN ! NO FAULT CODES CHEERS T8UPS
100_1580.jpg

Reactions: VeeDubDan, Paullie and MrWhItEwOlF
I cheated and popped to see Trups - he did the puddle lights & red safety markers too - looks great!

I cheated and popped to see Trups - he did the puddle lights & red safety markers too - looks great!
ill have to check if mine has the markers my 8p2 did. i dont have the puddle i checked lol imo this mod is worth the money 100% over. thought he may have commented

Hello Peeps
spoen most of yesterday fitting and editing a video guide on how to fit the bulbs from EM tuning ( used pictures) i have tried to load to you tube and it wont work as its not a wmv. tried to conver on window movie maker it wont give me the option evan tried guides on you tube. and i am not getting the same options, can any one help ?

What file type are you trying to convert from?

wlmp its called i have looked on you tube how to chanage ( should just save project in hd but wont give me the options may be cos its stills ? added vido to it and it didnt work)

ill have to check if mine has the markers my 8p2 did. i dont have the puddle i checked lol imo this mod is worth the money 100% over. thought he may have commented

mike, great write up on this, if you dont have the light pack you wont have the red warning lights. Great write up, i will be using this link when members ask about fitting the roof and sunvisors.

glad you are happy.

thanks
Trups

was gonna pm you when the vid was sorted. very happy highly recomend

Nice write up!!

Gonna be doing this mod at the weekend when they arrive :)
you cant tell from the pics but they are brighter and its a cleaner light it eluminates rather than spots. as its a cheap mod i think its well worth doing they should come like this imo

what type are the wells and doors? the boards or the festoon type

I changed the bulbs over to led via trups

It really is night and day pardon the pun , well worth doing it

Just done my puddle and footwell lights (already done my domes etc and loving them) also bought a spare boot light as the one doesnt give as much light as I want so gonna DIY a second one on the other side with the second LEDs and should be alot better :D

Just done my puddle and footwell lights (already done my domes etc and loving them) also bought a spare boot light as the one doesnt give as much light as I want so gonna DIY a second one on the other side with the second LEDs and should be alot better :D
get some pics up when you can

Sean did the fitting of the looms go according to plan? Any issues or anything?

boot is the winner can dig gear out of my bag

Hi Trups,

I'd like to buy the following for my 2008 58 Pre Facelift S3. I don't have the light pack.

front and rear dome lights £17 - 6 led
sunvisors - £6 - 2 led
numberplate £6 - 2 led
boot and glove pack - £8.50 - 8 led and 4 led custom bulb
postage is £1.52 1st class recorded.

I was a bit worried that the Numberplate lights would be too bright but for £6 I'm just going to give them a go.

If you can let me know how I go about buying / paying for these that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Yes i can do you them kayemill, my paypal is trups_27@hotmail.com

just let me know when you have paid, i wont be able to post out untill tomo as im away from home till later this evening but will get them as asap for you.

Thanks
Trups

Hi, Yes i can do you them kayemill, my paypal is trups_27@hotmail.com

just let me know when you have paid, i wont be able to post out untill tomo as im away from home till later this evening but will get them as asap for you.

Thanks
Trups

Hi Trups,

Payment has been sent.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Trups,

Just to let you know I received my order yesterday when I got home. Everything in good condition. Kids won't let me fit them until Christmas though as they are a present from them.

Will let you know how I get on and post some pics when finished.

Thankyou very much.

Ok... So just done this on my BE. What a transformation.

Totally forget these pictures were here and I can now see why my sun visor light won't go back together. Having never taken this bit out before, I prised the plastic part of as it seemed the light unit was mounted inside. Think I'm gonna need to get the old superglue out. Anybody know the part numbers by any chance?

Thanks

Hi Trups,I eventually got round to changing to the LEDs yesterday. All working great. Very happy with the result. Thanks again.

Hi Trups,I eventually got round to changing to the LEDs yesterday. All working great. Very happy with the result. Thanks again.

Same here, all fitted yesterday, all working with no errors, even the LED side lights!

Very pleased with the results, thanks T8ups

yeah my thread is back also have the vido on you tube 32 views lol

NO.............................................................. :tumble: ok ill put some pics up

you will see where most of the clips are to remove the lights and fittings this is advice only. I am not responsible for any damage you may cause though improper fitting.

The kit and whats included i went for full interior ( no footwell lights )
100_1537.jpg

Before the visor lights and front dome ( two LED on the visors and three each side for the dome )
100_1546.jpg

removing the visor lights leaver in from your leaft hand side and pop out
100_1549.jpg

remove the backing plate just lever out ( its sharp so mind yourself )
100_1554.jpg

Put back together and pop back in
100_1553.jpg

both sides
100_1556.jpg

front dome there are two clips facing you just leaver out and remove ( turn the light of first the bulbs can be hot )
100_1564.jpg

swap bulb its that simple than put cover back
100_1565.jpg

both done
100_1577.jpg

now the rear dome pretty much the same but leaver out facing away from you ( if your sitting in the back )
100_1569.jpg

50/ 50
100_1570.jpg

front and rear done
100_1576.jpg

Right heres the two buggers ( glovebox more so process for both is the same be careful with the loom )

starting with the worst the glovebox just leaver out from clip in mine facing the pasenger door. i sugest uncliping the unit and taking indoors to do just remove the black cover and bend the metal bulb holder so you can fit the LED board in. the black cover has space so dont worry about the wires.
100_1548.jpg

100_1558.jpg

100_1574.jpg

100_1561.jpg

same for the boot the clup on mine was facing me
100_1544.jpg

100_1571.jpg

100_1575.jpg

100_1576.jpg

DUN DUN DUN ! NO FAULT CODES CHEERS T8UPS
100_1580.jpg

Massive thanks for posting this extremely helpful 'How To', Dude. I'm off to do mine this afternoon as my bulbs from Trups arrived this morning. Cheers! :wub: xx

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF and pinterovski
good luck its pretty easy there a vid on you tube so you can wach it on your phone whist doing it
Audi EM tuning - YouTube
the boot light is the best so good when looking for stuff in bags ect

good luck its pretty easy there a vid on you tube so you can wach it on your phone whist doing it
Audi EM tuning - YouTube

Boot light is awesome isn't it, makes you realise how poor the std bulbs are. It's as big a step from bulb to LED as it was from candle to bulb! A black carpeted boot on a dark night was a mare for finding anything till I got these in. Loving them!

Audi EM tuning - YouTube

All done! I just had a good look at your guide before I went out to the car and also at the guide Trups put up for fitting the glove/boot lights and it took me about half an hour all in. I found it pretty straightforward TBH and would recommend doing this to anyone. :wub: xx

Boot light is awesome isn't it, makes you realise how poor the std bulbs are. It's as big a step from bulb to LED as it was from candle to bulb! A black carpeted boot on a dark night was a mare for finding anything till I got these in. Loving them!

I'll second that, Warren! I've already nipped out 3 times tonight, just to look at my lovely new interior lights, lol. Lov 'em!! :wub: xx

Nice one Paullie, makes the interior look fresh doesn't it.

What did you do with the footwell lights? Did you manage to set the bulbs up to avoid the purple refractions?

my boot is normally pretty full of climbing gear it so useful to find what you need saves getting the head tourch out. if i couldnt do the full conversion right away i would defo recomend the boot light

Nice one Paullie, makes the interior look fresh doesn't it.

What did you do with the footwell lights? Did you manage to set the bulbs up to avoid the purple refractions?

the mod is sooo cheap and makes such a big diff i think everyone on the fourm should upgrade. the whole set cost what jetseal 109 does