EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: EM tuning ed light upgrade

5th Gear

Status
    muller,

the footwells do the lamp check so will flash a few times on start up. there is not fix as its the car that does the lamp check.

in regards to one been brighter, get your head under the footwell when they are lit and make sure all the led's are working.

Trups
    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

2. # ADS
    ADS

REVOlutionary

Status
    I thought so as the side mirrors do the same. My sidelights do the same on the leon...btw. When fitting the light in the seat I realised it did have sunvisor lights too. So will need some of them.pm me

The leds are working but will confirm tomorow, as its the same on both footwells, we think its the plastic housings atm
    Swap
    2008- A3 Sportback/5 door rear black edition bumper with parking holes
    Will swap with no holes sline bumper preferably white

5th Gear

Status
    Right,

so this is what you could do to get rid of the purple haze without paying out £8 per bulb holder.

this is what you could do

a bit of double sided tape on the back of the board and it will stick nice.

Muller, my paypal is trups_27@hotmail.com

send me £6 and i will send you out the sunvisors, i will also put you a few small tabs of double sided tape in there for you if you want to put the bulb on the outside of the lamp.

thanks
    Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    mine not purple i dont think ?
    evan if it is anyway better the weee colour yellow

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

REVOlutionary

Status
    is there nothing that can be done about the footwell leds being brighter on 1 side?
    Will send you payement soon for the seat leon sunvisors
    Swap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by *Müllërz View Post
    is there nothing that can be done about the footwell leds being brighter on 1 side?
    Will send you payement soon for the seat leon sunvisors
    you need to establish 1st why they are dimmer..

could it be the way they are fitted?
    are a few of the LED's not working?
    is there power issues?

if you can work that out then you will find out why..

i dont mind sending you a new bulb out to try muller to get the issue sorted but you need to see why 1st.

Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

REVOlutionary

Status
    Heres some pics
    Leds are fine..No power issues... Just the way they project

Swap

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pinterovski View Post
    Is this the only way?
    I really dont want to take the front bumper off :/
    Quote Originally Posted by loudchris53 View Post
    I tried this and the bulb fell into the headlight for a second time and after that i gave up with them, the main beam bulbs you send me were very good but was not overly impressed with the sidelight kit. i have ordered these instead for the sidelight so i don't have to use the resistor wire and can plug it straight into the existing sidelight holder Bulbs: AUDI / A3 SPORT BACK / 2004-2005 (54)

Chris
    Did you fellas ever get the LED Sides fitted and out of the headlight casing. I had the same thing happen to me last night when fitting T8ups LEDs. The toughest was the passenger side. Got the LED in fine but couldn't get it back in the housing properly so when I tried to pull it back out to realign, the LED fell in to the headlight caseing. Got some cellotape from my neighbour and stuck to a wire coat hanger. I then mistakenly pushed the led further underneath the actual dome, then to only realise that I'd actually pushed the LED out the back of the case. Just reached down slowly with my fingertips and plucked it out. Fitted it first time then, and the drivers side was a 2 minute job with there being more room to manouvre.

Hope you've got it sorted..... They look top when done.

REVOlutionary

Status
    is there any alternative bulbs yet for the footwells trups?
    Swap

5th Gear

Status
    Nothing as bright as what you already got, only way to get rid of the haze is swapping the lamps over.

EM Tuning Lighting.

REVOlutionary

Status
    Have you got any pics of these less powerful bulbs?
    Swap

REVOlutionary

Status
    A guess there is no solution for the light direction for these footwells leds then? I will put a link up if i find any alternative to trups footwell leds, which light up the footwell area evenly

If anyone has already tried to find some alternatives please post some links

Anybody want half light up footwell's?I am taking mine out soon
    Swap

5th Gear

Status
    sorry muller,

i have hellifella coming over tomo to me, i will try the less brighter ones in his and take some pictures to see how they are and you can see if they will be better for you.

Thanks

EM Tuning Lighting.

REVOlutionary

Status
    topman...get some pics up fella please, also have you got any pics after adding the double sided tape?
    Swap

5th Gear

Status
    Hi Mullers,

never got a chance to do the dimmer bulbs for the footwell lamps but did do the bulb on the outside of the lamp.

Hellifella will post up pictures later tonight when he is home as he was over and i fitted his rear footwell lamps for him.

Thanks

EM Tuning Lighting.

Status
    Hi t8ups.

Sorry to bother you with more requests, but did you ever get a chance to look into the LED light for the overhead festoon with a light on either side of the board?

Reason I ask is I've angled mine up towards the ceiling as they were too bright, but as all the LED's are on one side of the board it means the festoon is only half lit.

More than happy to pay whatever it costs to get some in this configuration if they can be done.

Cheers mate, and no rush

Rgds

Warren
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

REVOlutionary

Status
    Where are those lights placed warren?
    Swap

5th Gear

Status
    The dome lamps.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    Here are a ton of pics from todays install.

This first pic shows the LED upgrade fitted behind the OEM footwell lens as intended. However it clearly shows the quartz effect of the lens creating a purple hue.

Now the LED's have been stuck to the outside and the result is fantastic.

Now for Robin's rear footwell loom install - these lenses are slightly different and don't give the discolouration.

A quick shot of the puddle & red marker LED's

Nightime shots taken with my iPhone4 (sorry) and other interior lights switched off.

Rear & puddles at night

front wells at night

2nd Boot LED now fitted

I must just add with the front footwell LED's now on the face of the OEM lenses allows a far greater cast of light much improving the mod.

I have to say my whole dealings with Trups has been great and amusing to boot

****Forgot to mention that none of this was possible without the handy work of RobinA3 who made all the aditional looms up.****

Top Gents, the pair of you
    Last edited by Helifella; 9th February 2012 at 19:54.
    Regards
    HeliFella

I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/

'61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,
    Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates,
    gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

REVOlutionary

Status
    Any pics with the other bulbs? for the footwell.They are brighter on one side in the pics like mine.
    Do you think a xenon bulb will give a less powerful but consistent amount of light in the footwell area?
    Swap

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

When you say brighter on one side do you mean how the light is cast in the footwell or you have differing brightness in one footwell than the other?

On mine they all give the same amount in each well. However because of the contour of the wheel arch that in itself gives the perception of it being brighter in that area.

So in answer to your question - a xenon will not give you the desired "consistent amount of light" that you are after as all lights will do this as the arch sticks out and thus is closer to the lightsource. The only way to achieve this would be to shade or tint the lightsource in that area so the wheel arch won't give the impression of being highlighted. This I feel is all but impossible for this application.

If you're still not happy with them then all I can say is to remove the bulbs altogether as you will never achieve the look you are craving.

Since mine have been done I think Audi themselves should take a peepers and use this as the OEM standard.

Can you tell i'm a happy bunny?
    Last edited by Helifella; 9th February 2012 at 20:10.
    Regards
    HeliFella

'61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,
    Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates,
    gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Helifella View Post
    Here are a ton of pics from todays install.

This first pic shows the LED upgrade fitted behind the OEM footwell lens as intended. However it clearly shows the quartz effect of the lens creating a purple hue.

Now the LED's have been stuck to the outside and the result is fantastic.

WOW thats a great improvement! mine still have the bluey-purpulish tint on it... will move the bulbs out as the light just looks so much better!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah it's a double win not only does it give crystal white light but because the LED's are not tucked away inside the lamp housing there is a far greater spread of illumination. Also there is no real chance of knocking the light as they are tucked underneath and the rear ones are inside the newer lamp housings so rear passengers won't kick them inadvertantly.

I'd love to road trip to the factory and say "now THIS is the interior light pack"
    Regards
    HeliFella

1st Gear

Status
    I'm currently moving house and just wanted to say how bloody useful the nice white LED boot light is when moving stuff in the dark - defo one of the best mods I've done, and makes you realise how poor the OEM one is!
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

You'd think with Audi leading the way with LED DRL's they'd use them inside the cars too??? I know they have them fitted in some cars as my sister has LED's in her A5 Cabrio but they are way to small / dim and purply. Put it this way she was really jealous when she clapped eyes on mine.
    Last edited by Helifella; 10th February 2012 at 11:18.
    Regards
    HeliFella

5th Gear

Status
    Im Happy you all like my LED's.

if you want me to post out the double sided tape with the bulbs i can do for the footwell lamps.

Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

1st Gear

Status
    Trups sent you a PM a while back without reply so can you PM me a quote for the following please? I have a 2011 3 door S3 which has none of the optional lighting upgrades from the factory (but I have replaced the front dome light for the version with the map reading lights/red ambeint leds). So I think I need the following;

Front Dome
    Rear Dome
    Map Reading Lights
    Sun Visors
    Glove Box
    Boot

Thanks Dan
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

5th Gear

Status
    PM'd.

Sorry, it must of slipped through the net.

Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

REVOlutionary

Status
    When you say brighter on one side do you mean how the light is cast in the footwell or you have differing brightness in one footwell than the other?

On mine they all give the same amount in each well. However because of the contour of the wheel arch that in itself gives the perception of it being brighter in that area.

So in answer to your question - a xenon will not give you the desired "consistent amount of light" that you are after as all lights will do this as the arch sticks out and thus is closer to the lightsource. The only way to achieve this would be to shade or tint the lightsource in that area so the wheel arch won't give the impression of being highlighted. This I feel is all but impossible for this application.

If you're still not happy with them then all I can say is to remove the bulbs altogether as you will never achieve the look you are craving.

Since mine have been done I think Audi themselves should take a peepers and use this as the OEM standard.
    I mean the light ommited from the led is brighter on one side of the footwell.

You maybe right in terms of a xenon not giving a consistent amount of light, as the light ommited is more powerful compared to halogen and thus where the aim of the light is pointing will be more brighter and intense than the rest of the footwell.
    What i was suggesting was a xenon bulb rather than leds, similar to the halogen bulbs standard which omit the light evenly in the footwell.

btw I dont think audi would do them with leds due to them not looking right and the light omiting more at one point rather than equally..

My friend who has fitted xenon interior leds into all sorts of cars is currently looking into it for me atm, i will post some pics once we have a good solution. But if you are happy with your then i am glad for you. But i would rather have them look right and not just be content with the lights colour being changed
    Swap

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Xenon & Light emitting diodes are two completely different lighting technologies so to state "xenon interior led's" is a strange one. I am positive they will be LED's and the word xenon simply relates to the colour temperature of the light they emit. If they were actual xenon they would have to be a bulb which has the xenon gas inside and a ballast attached to produce the extra voltage required to ignite the gas inside etc etc. Or you could look at having a bespoke light made up which positions the LED's in a curved fashion to spread the light.
    I would like to add btw I do think audi would do them with leds due to them looking right and the light omiting equally.

Why not reposition the the light be it LED, bulb, xenon, candle, flare, glow stick further away from the wheel arch so it lights up that really really dark corner that the footwell troll lives in?

The End.
    Last edited by Helifella; 15th February 2012 at 21:54.
    Regards
    HeliFella

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123