Sportback / Sunday Drive / Camera

dorgan

Reaction score
Decided it was time to take a few pics of my Sportback (only had a few from when I picked it up). Weather is nice today, so I included a few shots of where I live /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Here we go:

sundaydrive01.jpg

sundaydrive02.jpg

Few shots of where I live

sundaydrive03.jpg

sundaydrive04.jpg

sundaydrive05.jpg

sundaydrive06.jpg

sundaydrive07.jpg

sundaydrive08.jpg

sundaydrive09.jpg

sundaydrive10.jpg

Some nice pics there of German Back roads!! In Ireland we call that a motorway!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I Do like those wheels, wish I had had them now, nice; and not in ya face like some alloys, particularly aftermarket 3rd party ones.

You pictures have made me want to visit Germany again. I shall be spending several days there in June on the way to a holiday in Austria. Both lovely countries with some wonderful roads to drive. Even the drive from Calais to the German border near Strasboug is very pleasant as we normal drive it on a Sunday morning and the autoroutes are deserted.

What part of Germany do you live ?

Cheers for the comments lads.

Calibos: Know what you mean. Being a fellow Irishman I get to use them when I rent a car each time I'm back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Saying that, they are improving most of the infrastructure. Around Cork anyway.

jungle: I don't know that B road you mention. I use the B51 a lot though. The motorway in the pics is the A60.

David Robinson: Rheinland-Pfalz. I live close to a town called Bitburg (Bitburger beer). Largest city close to us is Trier (Germany's oldest city). We're close to the borders of Luxembourg (where I work) and Belgium.

Nelius

Great pics. So pleased I went for Ebony Black now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How long did you spend polishing the car before you took these? I bet you gave it a quick polish before each photo.

Wish we got the 9 spokes as standard on the S-line over here in the UK but alas it's the 18" 5 spokes. Are they 17" or 18"?

I gave the car a wash on Saturday. No polishing. I use a product called "Sonax" shampoo which has some kind of wax ingredient thing in it also. Makes the car shine like a mirror. I gave the alloys a going over as well with something called "Bio Stein". Great for shining up alloys and the chromes bits.

They are 17".

Nelius

Thanks for that info. I know Bitburg and that area quite well having taken many holidays in the Mosel area in a small village called Zeltingen near Berkastell. Its a nice part of the world with some lovely roads to drive. Enjoy your new A3.

'Gute Fahrt'

Aaaaaaaaaaah.........that's better....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

"Wish we got the 9 spokes as standard on the S-line over here in the UK but alas it's the 18" 5 spokes"

Speak for yourself there mate..
18" 5 spokers beat those hands down,IMO.

The 18" 5 spokes are fantastic value for money when you look at the list price (I think the cost of adding these wheels to the Sport alone is £250 more than the cost of the entire S-line?). Thing is I see so many trashy old Hondas, Toyotas etc with similar wheels that I've grown to dislike them, but it's just a personal thing.

I agree with Nelius that the 18" 9 spokes (like the promotion that's been running on the A4 S-line) would be the ideal.

I guess for me the problem is that I had the carrot dangled and then taken away. My company car ordering system showed both the 17" 9 spokes and 18" 14 spokes (yak!) as a zero cost option for the S-line but when I tried to order I was told I could only have the 5 spokes.

In the end I went for the Open Sky instead of the S-line pack.

Car arrives in 3 weeks so I don't know if I made the right decision yet.

Stayed in Luxembourg last summer, just a week after picking up my A4, we stayed in Larochette - but crossed into Germany, drove round your way, and have strong memories of a particularly good beer garden by the Mosel as well..

Luxembourg was gorgeous.. great roads, good people, and the scenery around esch-sur-sure was fantastic.. got some fantastic photos! you're a lucky man to live out there, I cant wait to go back..

not jealous at all.. ok, perhaps a tad..!!

Luxembourg IS a beautiful country. The city is really nice, especially down in the old part of it. Nice narrow streets (for walking). I still don't understand why friends and family back in Ireland don't take advantage of having somebody living over here and use it for quick weekend breaks using Ryanair. We're an hour from the airport and the accomodation is free! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We're an hour from the airport and the accomodation is free! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....for all AS.net members.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Some nice pics there of German Back roads!! In Ireland we call that a motorway!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif