Offset on A3 03-08

Dannyhall

Reaction score
What's the best offset for an A3? .. Would a 54 offset S3 wheels fit ok?

ET54 is the standard for the 8P so will fit fine but doesn't look the best. Makes the wheels look like they sit too far into the arches.

Spacers or a wider wheel with a lower offset looks better.

I get mixed up with everything, what do spacers actually do, how are they fitted and are they dear?

Spacers make the wheels stick out further, they normally fit with longer wheel bolts and fit between the brake discs and the back of you wheel. Price from £40 upto £150 and you get what you pay for really

Thanks for the replys, i feel my standard sport alloys stick out too far as standard so maybe them sticking in might not be a bad thing? But if they look bad i'l just get some spacers, deciding on tyres now, i don't need nothing special just ones to tide me over, nice and cheap till next year, moneys tight around the festive season haha!

I'm on about the standard S3 alloys, the straight spokes with the slight curve.. I'm on standard SE suspension at the minute, thinking of doin a SLine conversion next year including springs.. Has anyone got any sites for cheap half decent tyres to tide me over until next year?