How to gain access to the SUB-Woofer

FSI

Reaction score
Hi all!

Quick question, How do I remove the side cover where the sub is located? [3 door version].
And how can I get rid of the vibrating noise from the side cover, when playing some tunes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I know that the speaker is causing the vibrations, but I need to get rid noise from the cover. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThIs is really annoying when playing some tunes while the boot opened.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Please help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. My sub is on the passenger side of the boot(3 door). I don't have a rattle but would like to look inside and see if I am prewired for a changer and to see if there would be enough room in there for a phatbox.

Guys

Can't help with the removal of the panel but I also have vibration from inside the panel. My car has been back in for this and it has been recognised by Audi as a fault with no remedy to date. Great. Apparently it is not the speaker but there are flaps inside the panel which allow the air to move out of the car body near the wheel arch. It is these flaps which are vibrating. Annoying as hell especially from the outside! I have the Bose upgrade but not sure if the problem if the same with non bose.

I think the wiring is installed as standard for the cdchanger but it's in the glove box where the standard one is!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I think the wiring is installed as standard for the cdchanger but it's in the glove box where the standard one is!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The std place for the OEM cd changer is in the glovebox. The wiring harness is not pre-installed.