WHAT TYRE - BEING OFFERED 60+ OPTIONS!

WAFTER

Reaction score
Looking to buy a 16" wheel/tyre package from alloywheels.com. and given achoice of more than 60 tyres to choose fro, ranging from £44 each to £150each. Many brands I have never heard of. The first price brand I do know Toyo Prox. are about £69 each. How the heck do I choose? Or buy wheels only and pop down to my friendly tyre man and get his help?

What's the price difference for the wheels with and without tyres?

Falken FK-452 are a popular choice and generally seen as the best mid range tyre out there.

Check out camskill for prices.

doubt they can match camskill for prices but.....they will fit and balance the tyres for you whereas if you buy from camskill you have to do it yourself,i would personally get something decent like the Toyo's or Falkens or if budget allows head for some P-Zero's :)

I work on the basis that the two most important parts of any car are the brakes and the tyres.....the brakes because they could save your life, and the tyres for the same reason as well as the fact that they are the only direct connection between you and the road......I don't scrimp on either so my advice would be to read lots of reviews ( do a search on google and you'll find loads of tests by magazines etc. with further notes from the public who have them fitted ) and then get the best you can afford.

Everyone will give you advice on which tyres are best for them, but everyone has different requirements so you have to decide which are best for YOU..... so take and use all the advice you gather carefully and then make an informed choice.

Not sure if i've helped with this or not, but hopefully I have.

From my point of view, I will either be getting Continental ContiSport Contact 5P's or Goodyear Assymetrico 2's when I have mine replaced, but i'm not sure if they make these in your size.

Let us know what you go with.

I work on the basis that the two most important parts of any car are the brakes and the tyres.....the brakes because they could save your life, and the tyres for the same reason as well as the fact that they are the only direct connection between you and the road......I don't scrimp on either so my advice would be to read lots of reviews ( do a search on google and you'll find loads of tests by magazines etc. with further notes from the public who have them fitted ) and then get the best you can afford.

this is a very good point but i did this once,looked into vredestien ultrac sessanta's,found scooby owners raving about them,M3 owners and even a couple of F40 owners finding them excellent so i bought a set,put them on my skyline (443 bhp GTST (RWD version) and they damn near killed me on high speed corners (on track obviously),the walls were too thin even though the load rating was correct,straight line grip was second to non but the way the car "wobbled" at anything above 100 mph while accelerating was terrifying,took them straight off and bought T1r's ...so although reading reviews etc is a good thing to do in some cases trial and error is pretty much the only way

Falken ZE912 are a very good tyre, had them on my BMW and never had any bad experiences

Falken ZE912 are a very good tyre, had them on my BMW and never had any bad experiences

given these some stick on track with a 220 bhp alfa 156 v6 ,found them no different to the 452's,excellent tyre,make some sequel though lol,have a short vid of it on a tight handling track if interested

I can reccomend the khumo ecsta tyres. I have found them to be spot on and tend to get good reviews.