what to lower my car by

vorney

Reaction score
hi just wounderd if any body can shed a light on my problem
i want to lower my a3 2,0tdi sport but cant deside what springs to go for 30mm 50mm etc. i also have 2 children and dont want coilovers or for the kids to be shaken to bits whats the best springs to buy and have we got any pics of the car side on cheers

Go for a 50mm drop. 30mm will be barely noticable.

Eibach Sportlines and H&R are the most used springs to lower your car, and Eibach are a less firm ride than the H&R.

will a 50 be ok with 18" wheels no scubbing of tyres

Yep fine. You might get a small bit of rubbing at the back when going too fast over big bumps, but if it gets too annoying then you can remove one screw from each wheel arch and the rubbing will stop completely.

Eibach lower a bit less at the rear... 40mm. But they still drop 50mm at the front.

I can't make my mind up just don't want to blow it up

Have u got the 50mm 1s as well. What's this about top mounts need changing

Not on mine. Just new bump stops. Had two sets of sportlines and I can't fault them. How many miles have your shocks done?

Don't assume that springs will be a harder ride than coilovers. In fact in my experience most coilovers have rode better than just a set of springs chucked on with old OEM dampers!

i can tell you don't rule out coilovers I'm running v-maxx and they are low and still way way way more comfortable than standard set up I've had them on for months now still love them they are not crashy or harsh one bit they are very forgiving over the bumpy stuff