lock mechanism

mathu

Reaction score
hi, does anyone know if a sportback passenger door locking mechanism will fit a hatchback? because i have seen a sport back in the scrappy and i don't want to buy it without knowing it will fit.

sorry to dig up an old thread but i finally managed to get time on my hands to replace the lock mechanism, does anyone have a guide which i can follow, i have found one but it has more detail about repairing it rather than actually taking it out of the car.

Remove door card, take of the plastic cover that covers that area, undo the bar that clips to the door handle, remove the wire cable that goes to the interior door handle, undo the bolts on side of the door & lift out, dont forget to swap any parts across needed for the lock.

I think I have 1 of those door locks sitting around here aswell lol.

Remove door card, take of the plastic cover that covers that area, undo the bar that clips to the door handle, remove the wire cable that goes to the interior door handle, undo the bolts on side of the door & lift out, dont forget to swap any parts across needed for the lock.

I think I have 1 of those door locks sitting around here aswell lol.

thanks for the instructions mate, which parts would i have to transfer across as there isn't a key barrel on the passenger side. i guess i should have asked you if you had the part first lol

You will see when you take it apart :)

Only one way to learn mate & you shouldnt break anything we hope lol, just take time, think things through & should be fine.

How do I disconnect the exterior door handle rod from the mechanism?

ps. dw i figured it out and it is all fixed now :)

Last edited:
Depends on the year, but both ways follow the same principle, need to pull the cylindrical plastic nut down to release the bar on one type, other you pull over a yellow plastic latch part to the side to release the bar.