Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN CODE A CLOCKSET INTO AN AUDI A3 8P IN LEEDS/BRADFORD AREA

Basically, i have a new S3 clockset needed to be put into my audi a3 2005, does anyone know where i can get them coded from or is there anyone that can code them for me? in the LEEDS/Bradford area cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    I hope you are aware that the immobiliser is in the instrument panel and you will need to get a new key/keys to start the vehicle. You will need to go to an Audi dealer for that.

Also the mileage will be different and you will need to either increase the mileage to the same as your car has done and/or inform VOSA for MOT purposes.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    [QUOTE=mike foster;1425864]I hope you are aware that the immobiliser is in the instrument panel and you will need to get a new key/keys to start the vehicle. You will need to go to an Audi dealer for that.

Also the mileage will be different and you will need to either increase the mileage to the same as your car has done and/or inform VOSA for MOT purposes.[/QUOTE
    He won't need new keys at all, just his keys need to be paired up with his new clocks, I may be able to assist if your willing to travel??
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

Fossie

Status
    I believe the immobiliser chip in the key fob is a 'one-shot' chip and cannot be re-programmed. The lock/unlock can be paired up ok but surely you cannot pair the new immobiliser chip in the new instrument panel with the old keys ?

I am speaking about 2005 MY cars and later with the latest shape key fob.

Neutral

Status
    Hi wesley, thanks for your reply, how far are you? i dont mind travelling on a weekend, and if its not as far as scotland lol then yes should be able to travel.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    I'm in Manchester, it's not actually me that does them its my friend, I'll ask him I he will sort it for you? Had mine done a couple I weeks ago!
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

Neutral

Status
    yh cheers wesley, just let me know what your friend says, thanks. and when you got yours done, did it take long, were there any difficulties?

6th Gear

Status
    mike, your correct that the chip in the key can't be changed. What they do is match the replacement cluster to ecu & keys as opposed to matching those to the cluster.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ps44u View Post
    yh cheers wesley, just let me know what your friend says, thanks. and when you got yours done, did it take long, were there any difficulties?
    Takes about 10 mins mate.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    I'm in Manchester, it's not actually me that does them its my friend, I'll ask him I he will sort it for you? Had mine done a couple I weeks ago!
    Is this the same mate who was doing yours..........................

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Takes about 10 mins mate.
    Huh hurrrrmmmmm....................................... . how long did he take again?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK