Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

Outer door seals

I've just recently noticed that around the top edge of my door frames (paint) there are lots of tiny little grazes all the way down to the door mirror. The outer seal that touches this when the door shuts seems very rough to touch so no wonder its scratching the paint! Anybody else noticed or knows how to stop it - or can you not stop it? Is it considered as fair wear and tear?

cheers

Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Outer door seals

Mines fine after 15k miles. The black material on the my door frames is sort of velvet like, so I shouldn't imagine would cause problems.

5th Gear

Status

yes mines like velvet on the inside bit that doesnt touch anything but right on the very edge mine feels almost like sand paper and is gradually sanding my door frame!!! Not sure why this is then - i'm not aware that i am doing anything wrong - i wash it all reqularly to remove grit.

What colour is you paint as i would imagine a silver colour would help mask any minor marks anyway (and I am talking about very minor marks but lots of them)

2nd Gear

Status

Mauritius Blue. I haven't noticed and scrathes, but I'll take a closer look when I get a chance.

5th Gear

Status

OK cheers id really appreciate that

2nd Gear

Status

Had a look today - not a mark in sight on either door frame. The door seal is more like felt, and that's the only part that touches the frame. I really wonder how yours got scratched so much.

Top Gear

Status

The bits that scratched (scratching) is the inner door kick plates! The black outlining on the down side seems to be getting a battering on the drivers door!!

2nd Gear

Status

Is the trim on the door hanging - not fitted correctly?

I have a problem with the passenger door. On the hinged end, the corner just above the plastic strip catches the inner bit of the wheel arch since new and chipping the corner off the door. The dealer has moved the door back a bit and touched the corner up, but it's done it again. The corner on the wheel arch is not rounded off properly line on the driver's side.