Mudflaps

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Does £ 56.00 sound about right for a set of four ?
My contact at the dealer is arranging free fitting.

I'd rather have them fitted than have the paint covered in tar spots.
I'm assuming they'll fit with the 18" S-line wheels ??

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as bowfer knows, I have them fitted to mine. They are well designed and fairly small front and rear but do a great job of stopping tar spots and no stone chips at all. Wish I could say that with the front bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't think they look bad at all and would rather have them than stone chips.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You been smooth talking that lady again bowfer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Japper, any chance of a pic?

Funny enough my dad said the same, are you putting mud flaps on (surely a good reason not too). Never fitted them before but the thoughts of wrecking that lovely black finish, well....

[ QUOTE ]
Japper, any chance of a pic?

Funny enough my dad said the same, are you putting mud flaps on (surely a good reason not too). Never fitted them before but the thoughts of wrecking that lovely black finish, well....

[/ QUOTE ]

If I get chance, i'll take a couple over the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have 18" and just the front ones, they are not really mudflaps but quite nicely designed deflectors, it stops the stones from the front wheels chipping the front of the doors.

You can have chips if you like ... me I want to keep my motor tip top. Its mine and bought with hard earned money, not a company car .

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats about right. I was quoted over £100 when I bought the car. I have them front and back, they do a great job, work with 18"s no probs. I had to take the back wheels off to fit them, so if your dealer will do this, bargain!

They do'nt look that bad. Pretty neat fit IMO

Rick

Wow. Just realized that my SB has the front mudflaps installed, didn't even think about them before this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Apparently you get them automatically here in Finland, since I did not order them separately.

Here's a pic where the mudflap is pretty visible:
http://moogie.idle.fi/audi/20050223/image3.html

Myself and a mate took a look around the local dealer on Sunday and saw an S-line with mudflaps.
Some of you will be glad to here we collectively decided they do spoil the looks a wee bit,so I'm not bothering.
I'll see how I get on and will maybe reconsider come the first service.

I got some from my local dealer and did my own fit, pretty straight forward, took about an hour in all.

I live in the boonies, surrounded by farms, hence muddy/mucky lanes, so the option of mudflaps was a no brainer for me.

Accept comments about looks of car, but the flaps do really work, keeping the back clean, and most importantly the front ones stop alot of muck ending up on the door sill, hence keeing me suit clean when going to work!

Work well with the 18" S-lince wheels too, but you'll need to remove the rear wheels to fit the rear mudflaps.

Got pix if anyone wnat to see final fit.

Funkycat.

[ QUOTE ]

Got pix if anyone wnat to see final fit.

Funkycat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please matey - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

got them on mine, i do think they take a bit from the look of the car, but they definently do a good job stopping stone chips and sill mud, its a trade off, i smile when i see the unspoilt finish of the paintwork then frown at the mud flaps then smile at the mud on the flaps thats not on the car

if i was in the city 24/7 i would definently get rid of them!

Got them fitted to mine, go along with those who have said they have them they save the sills and arch on the back door no end. Ran it for about a month with none and had to check every day to see if there were any paint chips, a must if your in the country IMHO. And £56 is cheep I paid around £70 for mine and that was with a lot of arm twisting

[ QUOTE ]
Got them fitted to mine, go along with those who have said they have them they save the sills and arch on the back door no end. Ran it for about a month with none and had to check every day to see if there were any paint chips, a must if your in the country IMHO. And £56 is cheep I paid around £70 for mine and that was with a lot of arm twisting

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the Dealer to provide the front set free ........... it does stop the chips though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I know this post is old, but i used the search!! Hence not reposting.

Anyway, i was thinking of getting some mud flaps. But what should i look for?

Its for an A3 SE 54 plate audi.

Can other model audi's fit this car?

Car is also lowered by 30mm, and the tyres are 235/35/R19. See link in sig for pictures.

And where can i get them from??? (beside the dealer)

cheers

ebay - they pop up every now and again

answering an earlier question - the mud flaps will still not stop tar getting on the car

never have i owned a car before in my life that gets as much tar as this one!

i think they complete the cars look and look well once cleaned properly and dressed

So even if car is lowered it should not matter, and i can use any similar type?

still not seen any pics with them on ?
Ive only ever had mudflap on 1 prev car i owned but always found the bottoms of them would catch on the road when i go over speedbumps, which there are a lot of where i live.....
(It was also a polo with suspension that travelled so far i thought i was in a boat !!)

any pics on an an A3 sline with 18's would be nice though

Blimey,this is an old thread.
For the record,seeing as it was me that first asked about them,I decided against mudflaps.
I don't like the design of them,they look funny.
I haven't found the car to be particularly susceptible to chips/tar without them either.
No more than other cars I've had,with or without flaps.