Washer fluid leak

ADi Nuff Valves

Reaction score
Website
www.moodysky.co.uk
So the other day the warning light comes on telling me I need to fill up the washer fluid, so I do. When I had emptied the mixed solution I had in to the reservoir I stood back and all the fluid was pouring out from underneath the car, just in front of the front wheel. Funnily enough the low fluid warning light is still on. It's under warranty so the dealer will be getting a call tomorrow. Just wondered if this is a case of a pipe that's come off and if it would be an easy enough fix to do myself rather than having the hassle of getting the car to the dealer and back again?

Had a similar problem with my S3 a while back. What happened was that the bottom flange on the washer pump sheared off, the one that fed the headlamp washers. Required a new pump, but you need to remove the front bumper to access the pump. This is not the easiest job in the world as there are 2 forward facing bolts(one either side) up behind the wheel arches which are awkward to get at. Once the bumper is off, it only takes a couple of minutes to replace pump.

regards

Happened to mine last year in the freezing weather. I made sure I had loads of anti freeze in there nearly 2 bottles but still cracked the pipe. Took it to Audi and they changed the pipe under warranty no hassle