They're not ashamed!

TM

S-line SB
Reaction score
So I have my SB for sale. I've had a bit of interest over the last few weeks, but a lot wanting something for nothing. Anyway, I have it advertised in all the usual places, I also had some vinyl for sale signs made up which are prompting people to come up to me when I'm out and about, which is fine. But last night whilst waiting to pick a friend up, an IC4 lad in his early 20s came up to me and started asking questions about the car. He casually dropped in more than once that he had a 'hot S3' that he wanted to transfer the parts on to a legal car. He even asked me if I wanted to buy anything! I didn't really take in what he was saying until I was driving home. He took my number off the advert and said he'd call me to arrange a price - I obviously want nothing to do with this person. I wish I'd taken his details so I could pass them onto the relevant. But these people are the lowest of the low. I'm sure if the authorities invested some time and resources, they could easily set 'rat traps' up for these fools and get them off our streets!

He sounds like a bright criminal! it's big business down here, getting a cat d/c write through legitimate means and then nick a donor car for the parts, it's quite difficult to trace at the roadside unless it's examined properly

Good luck with the sale buddy

ic4's lmfao TBH one come to look at mine and was all over it and wanted to pay cash £7500, sounded dodgy so asked two of me mates to come round both door lads. he apparently drove from devon and was there ten miniutes and said he was gonna leave it reson being a scratch on the rear bumber ( hairline and two inches) dodgey as ****. was gonn call the police to report as he took my chasy number down. but i traded it so i didnt bother. i will never sell private ever again. sooner take a loss to trade.