First Post

jambus572

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Firstly and foremostly, hi there! This is my first post and first time on the forums. I've been browsing for a while and seems like a nice community you guys have here!

Just bought an S3 from the local dealership (second hand, 8P, 45K miles, dolphin grey) and have some spare money left over. I suppose the first question I'd like to ask is, what in your opinion is the most essential upgrade that can be added to the car..

I'm indifferent between a performance or an aesthetic upgrade :)

Thanks for any help with this and hope to get to know you all in the near future,

Cheers.

(If there's anything here I've done which isn't in accordance with your forum etiquette, let me know and I'll be sure to rectify it for the future)

Welcome to ASN,I think remap would be a mod to look at but the clutch can be a weak point and iirc certain models have issues,

Welcome to ASN,I think remap would be a mod to look at but the clutch can be a weak point and iirc certain models have issues,

Hi there! Thanks for your reply. So if I were to look at a re-map I'd potentially have to consider an upgraded clutch to be on the safe side? Wouldn't have thought I have enough for that left over to be honest... I'm guessing in total that would be at least 3k?

Jambus

siS3F.jpg

Haven't taken any myself, will get some up first thing tomorrow as it's dark outside, but that's it just before I bought it. I haven't made any modifications so far myself :)

Footwell lights and warning/puddles lights are a good retrofit ;-)

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: jambus572
Footwell lights and warning/puddles lights are a good retrofit ;-)

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks mate, that sounds good. I'll look into getting that sorted... I'll have a search around the forum for one of the threads with those things :)

Clutch is a weak point 3k would sort remap and that

Look my signature....................

They look fantastic... exactly how much experience tampering with vehicles / audis would I need to perform those upgrades and roughly what sort of cost? I had a look at your guides and they look great, really concise information but I'm worried they're abit much for my first DIY job on a car...

Thanks for your reply and input!

Very nice car and not too disimilar to my own. My is completely standard and love it the way it is! I was interested in remapping mine but after the thought of a new clutch i don't see the point, too many cars on the road anyway (am i really typing that!) my own view of course! I like the look that wheel spacers give, that and sat nav is prob the only ones i'd look for to start.

HTH
Sie