New Car, Which Mods, Help Me Decide... please.

PhilM81

Quattro, bring on the SNOW!
Reaction score
Hi all, getting rid of the company car (3-Series) and opted for a personal car. Collecting my new car ('07 but new for me) tomorrow and already thinking about mods etc... Have been reviewing the forums for a couple of weeks and loads in mind!

2007 170 TDI S-Line Quattro, Exclusive Editon + Black Optic Pack

Current Look:
IMG_0967.PNG

IMG_0968.PNG

IMG_0969.PNG

Liking the 'murdered out look' black on black...

Thinking of the following:

Options for headlights:
A - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
B - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
C - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Options for rear lights:
1 - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
2 - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Sidelights:
3 - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Also (in time and cash!):
Debadge
DPF removal
Remap
2011 Nav

Let me know your feedback,
Cheers, Phil.

Personally not a fan of either the headlights or rear lights I prefer OEM they cost more but worth it.

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
Aftermarket lights are a no no in my book save it for the Saxo boys get some oem xenons and some my11 rears

none of them. rather save money and go for my11 rears and oem xenons.

What does My11 mean?

Anyone got a good source for xenons? Thanks

Model Year = MY.

Audis definitely look best when you go for the OEM+ look - i.e. play around with the Audi parts bin.

I agree OEM do look far better than aftermarket.

Will 2011 Xenons fit straight into a 2007 with no messing?

Really like that, great car to start with.

As the lads said, MY11 lights rather than aftermarket push. PM NHN (Nigel) on here, he does great deals on the lights.

What about springs or coil overs?

If you want to go for the murdered out look you can use lamin-x film to tint headlights and fog lights

I agree OEM do look far better than aftermarket.

Will 2011 Xenons fit straight into a 2007 with no messing?

I think u need to do a bit more reading!

2011 is a full front end facelift.

Get some 2011 rear lights from (forum member) NHN on here, much cheaper than from Audi, they're a straight swap.

Xenons is a pricey mod, requires self levellers, washers etc by law.

Just get some White H7 bulbs for now with some LED sidelights, not quite xenons but a massive improvement.

There's loads of threads with pics/info about both.

Car looks nice BTW :)

Last edited:
Audi pay a fortune for great design concepts, so you can't improve on perfection; as said, stay with the Audi parts bin so you don't look like Barryboys.com

I think aftermarket lights would cheapen the car somewhat.
I'd change the wheels 1st myself!

Get some tints and lowering springs on there and give it a good old detail!

Really like that, great car to start with.

As the lads said, MY11 lights rather than aftermarket push. PM NHN (Nigel) on here, he does great deals on the lights.

What about springs or coil overs?

If you want to go for the murdered out look you can use lamin-x film to tint headlights and fog lights

Thanks, I will check out MY11 rears, and lamin-x, anyone had experiance fitting the film??

Lamin-x on order...

NHN PM sent for MY11 rears...

Thanks for the advice gents

lower it.
and get a decent camera :p

Heh Heh, previous owner took the photos, I will take some more once I have started fiddling with it...

Any recommendations of spring/coilover options? dont want it too low as I do alot of miles, plus avoid rubbing etc.

I think u need to do a bit more reading!

2011 is a full front end facelift.

Get some 2011 rear lights from (forum member) NHN on here, much cheaper than from Audi, they're a straight swap.

Xenons is a pricey mod, requires self levellers, washers etc by law.

Just get some White H7 bulbs for now with some LED sidelights, not quite xenons but a massive improvement.

There's loads of threads with pics/info about both.

Car looks nice BTW :)

Hi Wez, thanks for feedback. Which H7's do you recommend? Had a look and there are loads of variations of white brightness.

+ Do you know much about LED sidelights, would also like to put them in whilst doing the H7s, again need best life, quality etc... Cheers.

Is anyone able to bump NHN Nigel a message? I cant sent PM's... cheers.

Hi Wez, thanks for feedback. Which H7's do you recommend? Had a look and there are loads of variations of white brightness.

+ Do you know much about LED sidelights, would also like to put them in whilst doing the H7s, again need best life, quality etc... Cheers.

Have a read of this thread for info about White halogen H7's

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...reaker-plus-philips-diamond-vision-bulbs.html

I Got my LED sidelights from Andy1 on here, they do throw up the occasional error but nothing that can't be removed by putting the indicator on for a few secs!

i have the LEDs from T8ups here on the forum, never had a bulb warning on them and they are very bright.

as you dont want to go too low and do lots of miles i would recommend springs, not coilovers. springs i would say go for the Eibach sportline springs. Ads has them on his and after seeing them 'in the flesh' i have to say they look good.

+1 on the Eibach sportlines. I have them fitted on my sportback, I do a lot of motorway miles and I don't have a problem with them. I get the odd bit of rubbing on big bumps or bumps when cornering on non motorway roads but my wheels are 8J with 42 offset and the Continental tyres on the rear have a very wide shoulder.

have you removed the rear arch liner screw?

I'm guessing this is directed at me. Yes, I removed the screw, the rubbing was ridiculous with the screws still in. I'm pretty sure it's just the wide shoulder on the Continentals as the Falkens on the front look slightly stretched on the same 8J wheels even though they are the same sizes as the Continentals. The rears only have around 3mm left so they will be getting replaced with Falkens soon anyway. The rubbing is minimal.

I'm guessing this is directed at me. Yes, I removed the screw, the rubbing was ridiculous with the screws still in. I'm pretty sure it's just the wide shoulder on the Continentals as the Falkens on the front look slightly stretched on the same 8J wheels even though they are the same sizes as the Continentals. The rears only have around 3mm left so they will be getting replaced with Falkens soon anyway. The rubbing is minimal.

yes it was for you, weird that it still rubs, as its only 8J. the ET42 would push it out slightly but its not a massively wide tyre like a 9J... then again being that its only 8 it wouldnt stretch it out much either.
let me know what happens with the new tyres as i too am looking at getting the sportlines on my Sportback.

not a fan of black on black... plus i dont think you would be able to see the rings in any way so dont think gloss or matt would count. in any case go with gloss in case that would make it stand out and then more visible??

I tried the black on mine, (photoshop)

Silver look way better on a black car IMO

Mine with LED sidelights from T8ups and Diamond vision bulbs....
Diamond.jpg

Reactions: PhilM81
Thanks for the photos Gents, think I will be contacting the much talked about T8ups!

Last edited:
i have the LEDs from T8ups here on the forum, never had a bulb warning on them and they are very bright.

as you dont want to go too low and do lots of miles i would recommend springs, not coilovers. springs i would say go for the Eibach sportline springs. Ads has them on his and after seeing them 'in the flesh' i have to say they look good.

Anyone got any recommendations for supply and fit of Eibach Sportline springs in the midlands? Thanks.