245/18 rs4 tyres on a3 sportback

Monsterwraps

Reaction score
Website
www.monsterwraps.co.uk
Hi guys

New to the forum and looking for some advice...

I have recently fitted rs4 245 18" alloys on my 2007 a3 8pa tdi. All went on better than expected but get some rubbing on the rear under heavy compression.

Ive removed the infamous rubbing screws in the rear arches and its much better now, but slight get a slight bit of rub on the inner arch.

Can i trim these inner arch bits or remove them all together? I know its not always clever fitting such big wheels but it does look too good to remove them at the moment...

Whats the tyre size and rim width? 245/40/18?

245 seems very wide, most of the guys on here would run 225/40 on 18s. You can always drop to a 35 profile tyre if needs be

They are 245/40/18s. I know its a bit excessive but couldnt help myself. The main reason i bought them was because the have near new tyres. Im not sure about the rim width but i know they have an offset of et50! With one passenger they are fine, suprisingly. Its only when i have a couple in the back that it becomes quite annoying.
Thanks for the reply :icon_thumright:

What's the rim width? 245's are meant for 9" rims so are likely too wide for your wheels tbh.

EDIT, possible skim read fail. I assume these wheels and tyres are from an A6 etc so might be that wide.

You can trim the plastic thats sits around the screw hole to gain a little extra clearance... I have on mine.

Last edited:
Ive taken the screws out and trimmed the plastic behind it and has made it much better. Just need to have a go at the inner arches then! The alloys and tyres came off a rs4. Bargain at £400 for oem and new tyres!