Anyone in leeds / bradford with VAG-COM

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I need my RNS-E coding, will swap for beer!!

anyone free?

There must be someone ....

As soon as anyone can really, rsn-e is fitted, just want to get it finished off.

I'm in Bradford Wibsey area. Can do it tonight, tomorrow is a no-no or Sunday anytime ish!

Tonight would be better for me than sunday, but its you doing the favour so its up to you.

do you know all the codes if i give you the spec, or do i need to work them out.

Just a quick question - When you say it needs coding, what exactly is that for? Ipod dock, MFSW? It's just that I'm thinking of doing it on my car (Using the latest RNSE) to finish off the interior?

Just a quick question - When you say it needs coding, what exactly is that for? Ipod dock, MFSW? It's just that I'm thinking of doing it on my car (Using the latest RNSE) to finish off the interior?

Tonight it is then m8, we can work out the coding when you come so don't worry, I've sent you a PM (hope you can receive them!)

The coding sets up the bluetooth, and tells the car that the RNSE is fitted. My iPod dock won't work properly, no audio in right channel, can't figure out why, but not bothered as the SD card is much better.

Glad you got it sorted Craig and sorry I couldn't help today.

Did you have any other wiring to change or weren't you really bothered ? I was under the impression that you needed wiring changes as well as coding changes.

No wiring changed, the iPod doesn't want to work properly, but I'm nt using it anyway so I'm not overly bothered.

Most of it was straightforward, apart from the bluetooth wouldn't populate the phonebook, then we spotted in needed to be on RNSE High, not just RNSE.

The coding sets up the bluetooth, and tells the car that the RNSE is fitted. My iPod dock won't work properly, no audio in right channel, can't figure out why, but not bothered as the SD card is much better.

Thank you for the reply! Oh right, I don't have bluetooth so that isn't really a problem for me! Telling the car the RNSE is fitted, does that provide any benefits? I take it your RNSE doesn't turn off automaticly when the key is removed?

Ah that would be quite annoying if the iPod Dock isn't working - Would coding fix this, or do you think it's related to your bose speakers?

I'm really tempted to fit one, but would this void warrenty fitting and coding?

Telling the car it's fitted just sets it all up correctly, although aside from the Bluetooth mine worked ok.

I guess it depends what coding is in the car to start with.

With regard to warranty I can't see how it could effect it, I hope not anyway, mines less than 3 weeks old !

No wiring changed, the iPod doesn't want to work properly, but I'm nt using it anyway so I'm not overly bothered.

Most of it was straightforward, apart from the bluetooth wouldn't populate the phonebook, then we spotted in needed to be on RNSE High, not just RNSE.

Ok - I must have misunderstood. Your email reply to me said you could not get the ipod right hand channel to work and I thought that was your major problem.

Perhaps you have now changed your mind as to whether it's important or not. As I mentioned, coding would have been no problem.

Glad 3.2 got you sorted.

iv got an audi multimedia interface unit, could you also code that to the rnse? because its not plug and play is it

Ok thanks craig! Just my very last question :) What exactly needs to be set up? Because if mine was to work like yours, is it crucial to have it coded? As my orginal plan is when I come to sell the car, the original concert radio will be put back in

It really depends how your car is coded at present. If I hadn't done mine basically the phone contacts wouldn't have synced with the rnse, just the DIS.

Ok - I must have misunderstood. Your email reply to me said you could not get the ipod right hand channel to work and I thought that was your major problem.

Perhaps you have now changed your mind as to whether it's important or not. As I mentioned, coding would have been no problem.

Glad 3.2 got you sorted.

Getting the iPod to work would be nice but as the SD Cards work so well I'm not too fussed.

I did the moving the Bose pin, and no other wiring. I can only assume Audi have changed something with the wiring. The car is new so you never know what they are up to. Does anyone know where the iPod connects, is it the CDS pins?

Last edited:
right - update...

There is nothing wrong with the iPod dock. It was me, it serves me right for wiring at night, i got the pins wrong, and had moved the iPod right channel input. Its all working fine now, and the bose sounds much better on the bass front now the pin is properly connected.

Julian, do you mind if i pop over tomorrow and see if those 3 errors have corrected now its been wired properly ?

I will fit in round you, but have to be home by 4pm.

It's OK everything stops for f1 in my house so that's fine.
Earlier the better is best for me.

I'll pop over first thing then.

What time do you surface on a Sunday?