Light Upgrade (T8UPS)

kayemill

Reaction score
This is for T8UPS but I cannot PM.
I have a 2008 58 Plate Pre-Facelift Ibis White S3.
I've seen a few cars around with the white number plate lights and fancied giving it a go. I would also consider the interior lights.
I have a few questions.
- Are the led No. plate lights legal?
- Are they easy to fit? Straight replacement?
- Are the interior lights easy to fit?

If the answer is yes to the above can you tell me how much I would be and what I would need. I don't have footwell lights if that tells you anything. I have lights on the end of the doors but I can't say I've ever seen them working.

Thanks in advance.

Those 'lights' on the end of the doors are likely to be reflectors which is why you have not seen them lit up !

Those 'lights' on the end of the doors are likely to be reflectors which is why you have not seen them lit up !

Ah, Never really looked that closely. Could be.

Seen some kits on ebay that show them as lights. Will take a closer look tonight.

Hi I have this mod done you need the wiring loom from robinA3

I think I misled a bit with the door light / reflector bit.

I'm only looking to replace my existing bulbs and if the ones in the door are reflectors then that's fine.

Cheers:)

Yeah t8ups will sort all bulbs out ,I have all led interior bulbs (+number plate) and it is so much better (bright) and if you want puddle lights , footwell lights and reflector lights it finishes the car off ,, lovely...

Last edited:
This is for T8UPS but I cannot PM.
I have a 2008 58 Plate Pre-Facelift Ibis White S3.
I've seen a few cars around with the white number plate lights and fancied giving it a go. I would also consider the interior lights.
I have a few questions.
- Are the led No. plate lights legal?
- Are they easy to fit? Straight replacement?
- Are the interior lights easy to fit?

If the answer is yes to the above can you tell me how much I would be and what I would need. I don't have footwell lights if that tells you anything. I have lights on the end of the doors but I can't say I've ever seen them working.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

the number plate lights are not illegal as they are a white colour, and alot of new cars have these in there.

All the bulbs are easy to fit and they replace your existing bulbs, if you dont have the footwell lights then you dont have the optional light pack, not a bad thing as i can supply you some brighter LED's to bring it to life.

front and rear dome lights £17 - 6 led
sunvisors - £6 - 2 led
numberplate £6 - 2 led
boot and glove pack - £8.50 - 8 led and 4 led custom bulb - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/news/1...ot-glove-box-501-led-upgrade.html#post1382993
postage is £1.52 1st class recorded.

Just pick out what you want and i can sort it out for you, all is in stock.

Thanks
Trups

Hi,

the number plate lights are not illegal as they are a white colour, and alot of new cars have these in there.

All the bulbs are easy to fit and they replace your existing bulbs, if you dont have the footwell lights then you dont have the optional light pack, not a bad thing as i can supply you some brighter LED's to bring it to life.

front and rear dome lights £17 - 6 led
sunvisors - £6 - 2 led
numberplate £6 - 2 led
boot and glove pack - £8.50 - 8 led and 4 led custom bulb - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/news/1...ot-glove-box-501-led-upgrade.html#post1382993

Thanks
Trups

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Do you have any example photo's of how bright / white the lights are?

Will have a think about it. I'll post again on how to go about getting them once I've decided.

Reactions: Oliver122
tubs i got some led bulbs for my older a3 2006 and it come up as a bulb error. are these ok? as i really want to order some interior ones on my 2009 ( 58 plate)
i can put an order in tonight if so

what part of the car are the bulbs in that have bought up an error?

They will bring up an error if they are used in you number plate lights on the car in your sig.

the bulbs i supply you for the inside wont bring up an error.

what part of the car are the bulbs in that have bought up an error?

They will bring up an error if they are used in you number plate lights on the car in your sig.

the bulbs i supply you for the inside wont bring up an error.

hi tubs it was on my 8p2 ( not the one in my sig and they where 501 led side lights)

but i would like to fit the interior pack to my new one ( the 8p3 in my signiture)

is there any wiring needed or plug and play ? mainly looking for the boot and glove bax pack but will prob do all ( cant have it looking odd)

****** hell its windy. no i dont have the puddle lights or the floor lights.
so would need

front and rear dome lights £17 - 6 led ( are they the front and rear roof lights ?)
sunvisors - £6 - 2 led
numberplate £6 - 2 led ( as you have said the are not leagle and may come up as a fault will not bother)
boot and glove pack - £8.50 - 8 led and 4 led custom bulb -

think thats it ( just dont wanna mess with wires and fault codes)

Hi Trups,

I've had a think about it and I would definately like to buy the interior lights. Can you let me know how I go about doing this and paying for them.

For the numberplate LED's I'm just a bit concerned they will be too bright. I've read some comments about lighting up the car behind etc. I'm looking for a nice white light but not too bright. Do the ones you have fall into this catagory?

Thanks in Advance.

hi kayemill, i have replied to the other thread about payment.

do it dont light up the floor angle the bulbs 45 degree's away from the number plate and it will reflect back onto the plate, i will get some pictures up on how to mount the plate lights tomo as they make a massive differance on light spread on the number plate.

Thanks
Trups

hi kayemill, i have replied to the other thread about payment.

do it dont light up the floor angle the bulbs 45 degree's away from the number plate and it will reflect back onto the plate, i will get some pictures up on how to mount the plate lights tomo as they make a massive differance on light spread on the number plate.

Thanks
Trups

lol simple solution my next purchase when pressed plates are on woop

Sorry to hijack the thread but seeing as I can't pm I have been wanting to get hold of t8ups for a while as I want some bulbs for my a4 b7. Any chance you can hook me up???

Hi t8ups,

Do you have any contact details or is it best to just PM and discuss? Interested in buying a full set!

I notice people saying your inbox is full though! :scared2:

Hi Trups,

Just to let you know I received my order yesterday when I got home. Everything in good condition. Kids won't let me fit them until Christmas though as they are a present from them.

Will let you know how I get on and post some pics when finished.

Thankyou very much.