I really hate those americans !

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
Check out the prices they pay, before discount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A3 2.0T Manual 6 speed $24,740
A3 2.0T DSG $26,140

Sports Package $1800
Premium Package $2025
Metallic/Pearl Effect Paint $450
Cold Weather Package $700
Sound Package $900
Satellite Radio (XM or Sirius) $350
Open Sky $1100
Rear Side Airbags $350
Xenon Headlights $500

SOLD ORDER ONLY OPTIONS
Convenience Package $675
Audi Navigation Plus $1950
Audi Navigation Plus and Sound Package $2850
Ventian Violet $1000
Morano Green $1000

Destination Charge $720

BRING ON THE A3!!!

[ QUOTE ]
add to the list of reasons to hate Americans

1) For $550 delivered they can have a set of stunning wheels such as the HP Evo!
2) Average age of a member on a American car forum is 18-21. They drive audis fully modded and with upgraded turbos to....school!!!

not fair!

[/ QUOTE ]

If that seems unfair to you, looking from the UK, then you should see what a difference it is with France... The US had Reagan, the UK Thatcher and here in France we had Mitterrand (for 14 freakin' years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif). US economy is doing well, UK economy is doing not so bad, France's econ is going down the toilet!

whats wrong with americans...

hey all i can say is that you lot voted for blair... nuff said really..

vote conserv and its likely the tax will go down...

before you say "bull crap" etc etc when i say its more likely i mean compared to if tony "lets spend the money on tanks and school dinners" blair...

Richy - I think the point of the post is actually jealousy - your missing the point.

Basically we're paying almost twice the price for the same car as you would be for no apparent reason - apart from the fact the car is being sold in a different country

Move to Denmark and you will love the UK prices....

A3 2.0T 6 speed manual with a few toys cost in the area of £50.000...

No - I'm not joking.

Ken

[ QUOTE ]
Move to Denmark and you will love the UK prices....

A3 2.0T 6 speed manual with a few toys cost in the area of £50.000...

No - I'm not joking.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your not kidding, we have a company in Denmark and Norway. The tax on cars with four seats is stupid.

How many of you guys drive down to Germany and bring them in cheaper that way ?.

Hi Japper

If only it was that simple... Picking up a car in Germany will still make you subject to a 150% on top registration tax.

In actuality the prices pre-tax in Denmark is some of the best worldwide - since car dealers are lowering prices to near purchasing prices counting on repairs and service as their bread and butter.

It's sick really.... A3 1.6 FSI in the most basic model is close to £25000

K

A little off-thread here but ......

FYI

Here are the "on-road" prices quoted in Australia for the models available here (in Australian Dollars):

1.6 Attraction tiptronic $40,900
2.0FSI Ambition manual $45,150
2.0FSI Ambition tiptonic $48,100
2.0TDI Ambition DSG $52,661
2.0T FSI Ambition DSG $55,081
3.2 quattro Ambition DSG $80,171

98 octane petrol - approx $1.15/litre
95 octane petrol - approx $1.10/litre
91 octane petrol - approx $1.05/litre
diesel - $1.10/litre

[ QUOTE ]
A little off-thread here but ......

FYI

98 octane petrol - approx $1.15/litre
95 octane petrol - approx $1.10/litre
91 octane petrol - approx $1.05/litre
diesel - $1.10/litre

[/ QUOTE ]

A little over 2 quid a gallon !

I really hate Australians /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's not all good in Australia.
It's common,I believe,to get charged with speeding for 1KMH (yes,1 whole KMH) over the speed limit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I'm Australian. Here's the things that the UK has over Aus in terms of driving:

1. Speed Cameras. - The UK does have a lot but the are blindingly obvious and widely available in terms of location. There are some mobile cameras but there are usually in vans. The police in Australia are given training in how to hide their cameras better. They are always just over a rise or behind bushes so you can't see them til it's too late. And yes anything more than about 10% over the limit you will get done for sure.

2. Random Breath Testing. I have not seen a mobile police unit testing for alcohol levels in drivers once in a year of driving around london. On a Friday night in Sydney every major road out of the city will have an RBT on it almost without fail. The limit is 0.05% which is the same as the UK I think. It's 0.08% in the US and 0.1% in some hick wife-beating rural states. If you are even slightly over you lose your license for a minimum of 3 months, or 6-12 if you are far over, no matter what your driving record.

3. Points system - We have 12 points on our licenses. Speeding 0-15 kmh over the limit is 1 point. 15-30 is 3, 30-45 is 6, 45+ is 12, i.e. automatic loss of license. Not wearing a seatbelt (you or passenger) is 3 points. Running red light 3 points. Reckless/negligent driving anywhere from 6-12. On long weekends/bank holidays/xmas all points are DOUBLED. This was getting out of hand when I last left - up to 2 whole weeks over the Xmas/New Year period.

Any top that?!?! My worst I was down to 6 points but then I had a sh$%eful car which wasn't worth driving fast...

I believe fixed camera baiting is a common pastime over in Oz ?
I've read articles and seen photos of guys on bikes doing 150mph+ past cameras on 'outback' roads.
The plates are removed,obviously.
Same with cars,often with bare ***** hanging out of the window.
Ye gotta love that disrespect for authority.

But, US std speed limit is 55mph!!!! 55!!!!!!

My ex lived in the US (dont you love long distance relationships?) and it drove me mad going everywhere at a snails pace.......

Having said that, she was here for a while and when she went back home she kept getting herself into trouble /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Not TOO keen of the title of this thread but now understand what you mean!!!! Thankfully it's not an Anti-American thread which could have gone on for ever with Trans-Atlantic flame wars!!
Now being a frequent traveller to the U.S i understand the irate feelings we have here in the U.K with how much you can buy with your Dollars than our Pound, i know it's a different country to ours but we are ALWAYS comparing our prices to the U.S prices and it's ludicrous!!! My In-Laws have just recently moved back here to the U.K after 8yrs and were gob-smacked at the fuel (gas) prices, locally it's 86.9p ($1.60) a litre for Optimax and 81.9p($1.50) a litre for regular unleaded!!!!!!!!! Approx 50% of that is TAX, everything is TAX TAX TAX,We'll be TAXED when we go for a sh*t soon or a fart!!!!
Where are Audi's that are sold in the U.S built? Are Audi getting the same amount of cash for a car sold in the U.S as they are if sold in the U.K or Oz etc etc???..
djoblong your e.g 3 on points i don't disagree with (which is contraversial of me to say i know) but we need those sort of speed controls or we wouldn't get a thrill from driving/speeding!! Even though i got my first 3pts+ £60 fine, Easter last year for doing 48mph on the M6 S/B through roadworks, which PI88ED me off just a tad!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif I think i'd better get off this now!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically we're paying almost twice the price for the same car as you would be for no apparent reason - apart from the fact the car is being sold in a different country

[/ QUOTE ]

...but Audi isn't charging much more, so where do you think the difference goes? Taxes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Err, no. Compare pre-tax prices and the US price is still vastly lower than the UK price. Danish prices are bonkers because of the taxes - that's the population's fault, to a degree. UK (or, more generally European) prices are so much higher because of Audi's need to be competitive in the market they are in. Most cars in the US are peanuts, so Audi can hardly ask much more for their prestigious brand name.

The fact that there are so many expensive obstacles to import a US car to Europe just helps manufactuers to protect their prices here. If there were not, either we'd have cheap cars too or, more likely, the US would have to learn that car ownership is a luxury and not a right.

[ QUOTE ]
Not TOO keen of the title of this thread but now understand what you mean!!!! Thankfully it's not an Anti-American thread which could have gone on for ever with Trans-Atlantic flame wars!!
Now being a frequent traveller to the U.S i understand the irate feelings we have here in the U.K with how much you can buy with your Dollars than our Pound, i know it's a different country to ours but we are ALWAYS comparing our prices to the U.S prices and it's ludicrous!!! My In-Laws have just recently moved back here to the U.K after 8yrs and were gob-smacked at the fuel (gas) prices, locally it's 86.9p ($1.60) a litre for Optimax and 81.9p($1.50) a litre for regular unleaded!!!!!!!!! Approx 50% of that is TAX, everything is TAX TAX TAX,We'll be TAXED when we go for a sh*t soon or a fart!!!!
Where are Audi's that are sold in the U.S built? Are Audi getting the same amount of cash for a car sold in the U.S as they are if sold in the U.K or Oz etc etc???..
djoblong your e.g 3 on points i don't disagree with (which is contraversial of me to say i know) but we need those sort of speed controls or we wouldn't get a thrill from driving/speeding!! Even though i got my first 3pts+ £60 fine, Easter last year for doing 48mph on the M6 S/B through roadworks, which PI88ED me off just a tad!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif I think i'd better get off this now!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi DEANO, Yes it was started as a freindly, tongue in cheek rant at UK prices.

Apparently Audi have a factory somewhere in the states according to Allan at VAG parts. But reading threads over on Audiworld it seems these A3's are coming from Germany into Houston.

Like you say, us brits are hammered in tax, but maybe Audi are using the states market as a loss leader to get qty. of sales in to such a big market ?.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Audi have a factory somewhere in the states according to Allan at VAG parts. But reading threads over on Audiworld it seems these A3's are coming from Germany into Houston.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en1/company/production_locations.html

Apparently not...

(Although I could be wrong...)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think so either, unless he was confusiing this with Brazil. I know they make the city Golf and the Beetle here, but do they actually have a production line for Audi's ?.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think so either, unless he was confusiing this with Brazil. I know they make the city Golf and the Beetle here, but do they actually have a production line for Audi's ?.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Audi A3 and VW Golf are built in Curitiba. In 2000, 9,700 of the A3 were manufactured there, of which 8,431 were delivered to customers in Brazil."

Quote stolen from the website....

At least 60% of adults in the UK are not overweight like here in the US. Pretty sad, actually.