Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

Folding mirrors when you turn engine off?

Quick question, is there any way I can set the mirrors to fold automatically every time I switch the engine on and off? So when you turn it off, the mirrors fold up, and likewise when it's turned on, they fold back out?

Also, on the coming home/leaving lights jobby, the LED's and the fogs stay on when you lock the car and it's dark, but don't come on when you unlock the car? My old A3 did this so quite surprised the S doesn't.
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    LED staying on is probably the light sensor knowing its dark and leaving them on.
    As for the wing mirrors HNH (Higel) has built a custom circuit to do this. Have a word with him or do a search on here, a few people have asked this question before.

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by roman3000 View Post
    LED staying on is probably the light sensor knowing its dark and leaving them on.
    As for the wing mirrors HNH (Higel) has built a custom circuit to do this. Have a word with him or do a search on here, a few people have asked this question before.
    don't you mean NHN Nigel
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Haha yes that's what I meant

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks for info on the mirrors.

About the lights, what I mean is, they don't come on when you unlock the car even when it is dark.
    Coss

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    As for the wing mirrors NHN (Higel) has built a custom circuit to do this. Have a word with him or do a search on here, a few people have asked this question before.
    Very interested in this....

Nigel - If you see this, whack me a quick PM with a few more details when you get 5mins.

6th Gear

Status
    Is it a mental cost to retro fit folding mirrors?

Was discussing this with my mate the other night as his A3 has them.

Cheers

Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Status
    I'd be up for this as well as I always fold them in when I leave the car.

Need to work out why why aito window roll up (with key fob pressed isn't working), that said the comfort roll up doesn't appear to be working wither at the moment.

I found out this week I only have chirps on the close cycle for the car, you can tick to enable them for open but it does nothing, and the siren seems to have changed from 8P2.

Wonder what determines what does and doesn't get enabled at factory other than defined options?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post

Need to work out why why aito window roll up (with key fob pressed isn't working), that said the comfort roll up doesn't appear to be working wither at the moment.

I found out this week I only have chirps on the close cycle for the car, you can tick to enable them for open but it does nothing, and the siren seems to have changed from 8P2.

Wonder what determines what does and doesn't get enabled at factory other than defined options?
    warren did you sort out the VCDS problems you were having.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Thanks for info on the mirrors.

About the lights, what I mean is, they don't come on when you unlock the car even when it is dark.
    the functions may be separated as it is known as coming home and leaving home, maybe there is a separate coding for both and you may only have one on?
    my leaving home does what you are describing but only when its starting to get dark, somehow its not dark enough for leaving home lights to come on but its dark enough to light up the headlights when i switch on the engine... these sensors are weird
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    warren did you sort out the VCDS problems you were having.
    I did thank you. An update to the latest Beta version of VCDS sorted the issues. My software was set to only update for full version software upgrades, not betas so when I'd been checking for updates it was showing none!

Cheers
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    yh mine is set to full updates only too, but i got a notification the other day to do the V11 upgrade so its no longer a Beta.
    i want to get my hands on a 2011 8P3 to see the coding changes.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    I am interested in both issues - Had my A3 a day and can't get Coming / following lights to activate. Also i'd like mirrors to fold on locking. My last car a V50 Volvo did so so was a good visual aid to show the car was locked etc.
    RegardsHeliFellaVCDS newbie.8V now ordered...I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/ '61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates, gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

RPB
    2nd Gear

Status
    On my 2011 S3, the coming home function was already working, but the leaving home function is switchable within the DIS menu.
    2011 61 plate S3 SB BE DSG - Shark Stage 1 + DSG

pjr
    Neutral

Status
    The coming home/leaving home lights have separate menu options in the DIS - one is just a tick to say you want them active (leaving home - lights come on when you unlock the car and it's dark) and the other is a number of seconds that you want the lights to stay on for when you get out and lock the car when it's dark (coming home)

I may have got the coming home/leaving home the wrong way round, but definitely there are two different settings under lights in the DIS
    Current - 2014 VW Golf GTI (220PS) - Tornado Red
    Previous - 2010 A3 1.6TDI Sport Cabriolet - Brilliant Red

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post

Warren if your pinch control has been triggered and your windows won't one click close then do the old reset with the window switch, also the remote auto close won't work when the pinch control for the windows has been activated! Unless it hasn't been ticked in vcds that is!
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm also interested in the auto folding wing mirror's for my 56 plate S3?

1st Gear

Status

Mirror auto fold

Asked about this before.
    I'd be up for the mod too.
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    On my 2011 S3, the coming home function was already working, but the leaving home function is switchable within the DIS menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr View Post
    The coming home/leaving home lights have separate menu options in the DIS - one is just a tick to say you want them active (leaving home - lights come on when you unlock the car and it's dark) and the other is a number of seconds that you want the lights to stay on for when you get out and lock the car when it's dark (coming home)

I may have got the coming home/leaving home the wrong way round, but definitely there are two different settings under lights in the DIS
    That guys is spot on! Sorted it out tonight. I didn't realise that there were so many parameters you could adjust through the DIS. I didn't have half those things in my A3! Thanks again!
    Coss