Folding mirrors when you turn engine off?

lil_coz

Reaction score
Quick question, is there any way I can set the mirrors to fold automatically every time I switch the engine on and off? So when you turn it off, the mirrors fold up, and likewise when it's turned on, they fold back out?

Also, on the coming home/leaving lights jobby, the LED's and the fogs stay on when you lock the car and it's dark, but don't come on when you unlock the car? My old A3 did this so quite surprised the S doesn't. :think:

LED staying on is probably the light sensor knowing its dark and leaving them on.
As for the wing mirrors HNH (Higel) has built a custom circuit to do this. Have a word with him or do a search on here, a few people have asked this question before.

LED staying on is probably the light sensor knowing its dark and leaving them on.
As for the wing mirrors HNH (Higel) has built a custom circuit to do this. Have a word with him or do a search on here, a few people have asked this question before.
don't you mean NHN Nigel

Thanks for info on the mirrors.

About the lights, what I mean is, they don't come on when you unlock the car even when it is dark.

As for the wing mirrors NHN (Higel) has built a custom circuit to do this. Have a word with him or do a search on here, a few people have asked this question before.

Very interested in this....

Nigel - If you see this, whack me a quick PM with a few more details when you get 5mins.

Is it a mental cost to retro fit folding mirrors?

Was discussing this with my mate the other night as his A3 has them.

Cheers

I'd be up for this as well as I always fold them in when I leave the car.

Need to work out why why aito window roll up (with key fob pressed isn't working), that said the comfort roll up doesn't appear to be working wither at the moment.

I found out this week I only have chirps on the close cycle for the car, you can tick to enable them for open but it does nothing, and the siren seems to have changed from 8P2.

Wonder what determines what does and doesn't get enabled at factory other than defined options?

Need to work out why why aito window roll up (with key fob pressed isn't working), that said the comfort roll up doesn't appear to be working wither at the moment.

I found out this week I only have chirps on the close cycle for the car, you can tick to enable them for open but it does nothing, and the siren seems to have changed from 8P2.

Wonder what determines what does and doesn't get enabled at factory other than defined options?

warren did you sort out the VCDS problems you were having.

Thanks for info on the mirrors.

About the lights, what I mean is, they don't come on when you unlock the car even when it is dark.

the functions may be separated as it is known as coming home and leaving home, maybe there is a separate coding for both and you may only have one on?
my leaving home does what you are describing but only when its starting to get dark, somehow its not dark enough for leaving home lights to come on but its dark enough to light up the headlights when i switch on the engine... these sensors are weird

warren did you sort out the VCDS problems you were having.

I did thank you. An update to the latest Beta version of VCDS sorted the issues. My software was set to only update for full version software upgrades, not betas so when I'd been checking for updates it was showing none!

Cheers

yh mine is set to full updates only too, but i got a notification the other day to do the V11 upgrade so its no longer a Beta.
i want to get my hands on a 2011 8P3 to see the coding changes.

I am interested in both issues - Had my A3 a day and can't get Coming / following lights to activate. Also i'd like mirrors to fold on locking. My last car a V50 Volvo did so so was a good visual aid to show the car was locked etc.

On my 2011 S3, the coming home function was already working, but the leaving home function is switchable within the DIS menu.

The coming home/leaving home lights have separate menu options in the DIS - one is just a tick to say you want them active (leaving home - lights come on when you unlock the car and it's dark) and the other is a number of seconds that you want the lights to stay on for when you get out and lock the car when it's dark (coming home)

I may have got the coming home/leaving home the wrong way round, but definitely there are two different settings under lights in the DIS

Warren if your pinch control has been triggered and your windows won't one click close then do the old reset with the window switch, also the remote auto close won't work when the pinch control for the windows has been activated! Unless it hasn't been ticked in vcds that is!

I'm also interested in the auto folding wing mirror's for my 56 plate S3?

On my 2011 S3, the coming home function was already working, but the leaving home function is switchable within the DIS menu.

The coming home/leaving home lights have separate menu options in the DIS - one is just a tick to say you want them active (leaving home - lights come on when you unlock the car and it's dark) and the other is a number of seconds that you want the lights to stay on for when you get out and lock the car when it's dark (coming home)

I may have got the coming home/leaving home the wrong way round, but definitely there are two different settings under lights in the DIS

That guys is spot on! Sorted it out tonight. I didn't realise that there were so many parameters you could adjust through the DIS. I didn't have half those things in my A3! Thanks again! :icon_thumright: