New wing mirror cost?

Vertigo1

Reaction score
How much am I looking at roughly for a whole new wing mirror?

It's the latest shape (the one that folds at an angle), and is a dimming & electric folding one with metallic paint.

Which parts do you need or is the whole unit goosed?

Don't know yet, having it looked at on Saturday but am just bracing myself for the worst.

The glass is gone, obviously, and the back casing has been cracked by the impact so at least a new carcass and glass. Not sure what other damage there may be - it seems to move or "waggle" a bit more freely when I move it by hand than does the other one so there may be more damage than is immediately apparent.

Just wondering what I'd be looking at if it comes to the worst and I need a whole new one.

Have had a better look at it today.

It looks like just the shell and the glass need replacing, the internal gubbins seems fine. It still folds, the indicator repeater still works.

That said, I'd imagine the glass (heated & dimming) and a metallic painted shell are going to be most of the way to the cost of a whole new wing mirror tbh. Guess I'll find out on Saturday.

Just been quoted £472 all-in for the repair - jesus!!

Surely a whole new wing mirror would be cheaper than this? Is there anywhere I can get one cheaper and fit it myself?

Check on ebay or submit queries online queries to breakers. I negotiated pair of wing mirrors on ebay for £100 though not folding ones.

TBH the glass is between £200-£270 alone, the covers arent cheap either & labour to remove, paint refit etc, its not as bad as you think as most is parts which they make very little on.

Yeap as I advised, £200 upwards, that would be the convex dimming/heated version iirc, the aspherical is the £270 version iirc