Amar Akoya's A3 build (panoramic roof retrofit)

I have light tints on the front anr medium on the rear, will get some pics up of the interior when i get me the facelift speedos fitted. :photo:

That is looking stunning! I actually like those rims on it although they seem a bit dark compared to the rest of the silver bits though lol... But I gotta say lovely looking car bro. Very nice work :applaus: You didn't get any pics of the rear of it :( was looking forward to some RS3 spoiler and diffuser shots on the akoya.

BTW, tell me about it with body-shops bro!! The place that done my conversion were not the best sprayers and got one of the doors slightly darker than other 3 :wtf:needless to say they didn't get the price we had arranged!! I wasn't gonna let them have a second chance at muffin it up again either!

Akoya and Lava grey are notoriously hard to get bang on, but very possible all the same. I'm going to a place in Barking to sort the re-spray on mine as I have a couple scratches that need doing as well... He's done quite a bit of work for show cars and is well rated so comfy letting him sort it out. Hard to find a good paint man!

That is looking stunning! I actually like those rims on it although they seem a bit dark compared to the rest of the silver bits though lol... But I gotta say lovely looking car bro. Very nice work :applaus: You didn't get any pics of the rear of it :( was looking forward to some RS3 spoiler and diffuser shots on the akoya.

BTW, tell me about it with body-shops bro!! The place that done my conversion were not the best sprayers and got one of the doors slightly darker than other 3 :wtf:needless to say they didn't get the price we had arranged!! I wasn't gonna let them have a second chance at muffin it up again either!

Akoya and Lava grey are notoriously hard to get bang on, but very possible all the same. I'm going to a place in Barking to sort the re-spray on mine as I have a couple scratches that need doing as well... He's done quite a bit of work for show cars and is well rated so comfy letting him sort it out. Hard to find a good paint man!

thanks yea i kno i kinda like the wheels wouldnt mine haveing them for winters :p, there dirty lol need a good clean,

no pics of reat the bodyshop sanded have of my spoiler down the Tw4ts! the guy that sprayed the car is good, just not good at keeping thies promieses and the guy that sorted the rear arch has messed up and am goin to get it redone from abother guy.

no 1 can ever get the right colour :(

Cracking work amar, Car looks great lowered with all the new bits on.

Agree on the paint front, Very difficult to find a decent spray painter, When i had my rear bumper fitted with the black edition valance it was a huge concern of mine.

The match is quite off in certain lights, Its odd because on some days its barely noticeable depending on light, Somedays it looks bad.

On lava grey what i have noticed is when the car looks more flat grey on a dull day its not as noticeable, On a bright day you can really notice the pearl effect but the rear bumper doesnt seem like it has as much flake in it compared to the rest of the body.

so you finally unveiled the RS6 front... it looks so nice bro!
so how are you finding the drop? it looks better now i can see it on a big screen :p
still not a big fan of those alloys though the drop does make it look nice.

Sorry to hear about the spoiler! I don't blame you for not paying if that's the case, that spoiler is like £450.

Hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction a lot of hard work and Araldite has gone into this :moa:

Cracking work amar, Car looks great lowered with all the new bits on.

Agree on the paint front, Very difficult to find a decent spray painter, When i had my rear bumper fitted with the black edition valance it was a huge concern of mine.

The match is quite off in certain lights, Its odd because on some days its barely noticeable depending on light, Somedays it looks bad.

On lava grey what i have noticed is when the car looks more flat grey on a dull day its not as noticeable, On a bright day you can really notice the pearl effect but the rear bumper doesnt seem like it has as much flake in it compared to the rest of the body.

Thanks Farhan, solid colours are easier to match then our perlesant paint.

so you finally unveiled the RS6 front... it looks so nice bro!
so how are you finding the drop? it looks better now i can see it on a big screen :p
still not a big fan of those alloys though the drop does make it look nice.

lol had to kept Rich waiting to long :blahblah1:, the drop is alryt just abit low for the speed bumps around here. glad you like :icon_thumright:

Sorry to hear about the spoiler! I don't blame you for not paying if that's the case, that spoiler is like £450.

Hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction a lot of hard work and Araldite has gone into this :moa:

defo will get it sorted and il get some pics up soon as. :yum:

Car looks amazing!! worth the wait for you i bet :) Were the new handles hard to change over, did you have to change the whole door handle unit or just the cover?Chris

Car looks amazing!! worth the wait for you i bet :) Were the new handles hard to change over, did you have to change the whole door handle unit or just the cover?Chris

Thannks Chris, wasnt sure about black roof rails and mirrors so changed to silver :p and worked out well :)

yes you have to change the hole door handle as these covers silde on, the old covers clip on. you have to strip your door down to change the handles.

looking good lad glad i sold you that grill now :) loving the my11 mirrors

:thumbsup: the grill done well :D

They couldn't have made it easy could they!!! Yer the chrome does look good on your car with the matte chrome grille i must say, i am going down the black route with mine and probably want to swap my chrome roof rails for black ones if anything!!

Chris

audi for you :p make evryting a challange lol..

hmm do a swap thread you'l find someone like i did :) i did the handles matt silver to go with my grill, spoiler and diffuser.

OMG Amar, that's absolutely STUNNING, fella! Love your new grille to bits, ..SWEET SWEET SWEET!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: xx

Thank you Paullie, glad you love the new bits esp the RS6 grill it was a right nightmare to get that right. :hi:

I love everything you've done, Amar, but RS6 grille is VERY special and you've got it 100% spot on! :wub: xx

Looking good bud!

Im a big fan of the rails... Wish I could have them on mine.

Kind of a shame we can't be like the US and not have to worry about front number plates. Such a shame to hide that grill away!!

:happy: just got to figure out how to stick the plate on now.
Neodymium magnets. Thats how im doing mine when I can be assed taking the front bumper off.

Glue some magnets on behind the grill and onto the back of your plate. Cover the magnets on the plate with felt to prevent scratching the grill.

sublime amar, absolutely:cool:

(those s4 avus' are sweet - but i would say that as they're the boots on my grandad wagon)

Neodymium magnets. Thats how im doing mine when I can be assed taking the front bumper off.

Glue some magnets on behind the grill and onto the back of your plate. Cover the magnets on the plate with felt to prevent scratching the grill.
:icon_thumright: if my plans doesnt work out then il give that ago.

Well done mate, all the changes comes together so well.
Love RS front grille a lot!.
Keep em coming.
Thank you mate, glad you like the grill, keep an eye on this thread will be posting some more pics up.

sublime amar, absolutely:cool:

(those s4 avus' are sweet - but i would say that as they're the boots on my grandad wagon)
Thanks, i kinda like these wheels :) but will be changing them this week.

IMG-20120502-00071.jpg

New xenon bulbs :p

car looking mint amar! any closer to getting in on the road?

nope, turning into a longer thing day by day gave up yday but still got faith in it, hopefully it will be 100% perfect on friday.

front end looks proper lad! sure all will come good. shame to put a reg plate on it. you going for pressed plates?