EM TuningAH Fabrications

Status

Question Guess the wheel weight: New S3 BE rotor 18's

During my lunch break I've just been outside fannying about with wheels and spacers.

Purely as a cosmetic test I wanted to make sure I didn't still have any hankerings for my old RS4 19" reps before I sell them off.

However whilst I was at it I decided to weigh:

1) RS4 replica 19" with 235/35/19 Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyre (8J) with more balancing weights than a peck deck.

2) A pristine hollowformed BBS branded Audi 18" Rotor BE 18" with a 225/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyre on it (7.5J)

Both tyres have 6-7mm tread depth.

One of the wheels weighs 23.9kgs, the other one weighs 22.6kgs.

So the question I have for you all given the information above, is which is heaviest!!!

Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Using psychology... the 18s weight more than the 19s.

3rd Gear

Status
    I have no idea which is heaviest, but even if it was the RS4 rep - that's not bad considering the larger size and the fact it's a rep! So if it's lighter then bonus.

On a side note, seeing the two alloys side by side on that photo - I still prefer the RS4 alloys to the BE anyday

Out of interest, will you be trying out the spacers with the older RS4 wheels to see if there's any vibrations?
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I prefer BE, I'd sell the RS4s and put the money towards something useful, like a set of these

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    The one that weighs 23.9kg is heavier, duh.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Status
    Well done Ads, thats my boy!No spacers on RS4's as they're ET42's and they already rub. Still love them though.N8, you'll bankrupt me; but I am loving the recommendations!I'm trying the RS4s to see if vibration clears as they were only just balanced 2 weeks ago.

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    During my lunch break I've just been outside fannying about with wheels and spacers.

Purely as a cosmetic test I wanted to make sure I didn't still have any hankerings for my old RS4 19" reps before I sell them off.

However whilst I was at it I decided to weigh:

1) RS4 replica 19" with 235/35/19 Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyre (8J) with more balancing weights than a peck deck.

2) A pristine hollowformed BBS branded Audi 18" Rotor BE 18" with a 225/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyre on it (7.5J)

Both tyres have 6-7mm tread depth.

One of the wheels weighs 23.9kgs, the other one weighs 22.6kgs.

So the question I have for you all given the information above, is which is heaviest!!!

They both look superb.

If you want to sell the Rotor give me first refusal please or you can even take my S3 2 standards from my 2010 model as PX is keen to keep a spare set.

Back in an S3 from 30/11 !
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Interior Next!!

Status
    Haha! The mk6 lasted long Mart!!

And Warren, I'm gonna go with the 18's as heaviest!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Status
    Long time no see Spin!

Taking the RS4's out for a run to Cheltenham tomorrow to see what they ride like on the new car. It's firmer than the last one, and I'm interested to see if it upsets the ride too much with 19's!

Only issue I have selling the rotors is originality, I want to put car back to standard for eventual sale as cars seem to sell easier that way, so if any wheels will be going I'm afraid it will probably be the RS4's!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I prefer BE, I'd sell the RS4s and put the money towards something useful, like a set of these

me to would like some of those!!!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    lol

MPG the new BPH

Status
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO there the wheels i wanted would have swaped you for mine and a big lump of cash your ways ( 18"s tho)

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!