Audi Hard drive

plezz

Reaction score
Hey all, got an ICE related question for all you peeps as I need some decent (not dealer) advice.

Mrs Plezz was looking at buying me an Audi hard drive for xmas to go in my glove box.

she has been told by the local dealer its compatible with my stereo - Chorus...

now correct me if Im wrong but i thought the audi hard drives only worked with AMI, and only worked with RNS-e.

i've got a 2010 with a Chorus stereo and I cant see this working at all.

can anyone out there confirm as our local dealer initially said it wouldnt work, now they have called back to tell her it will work, i just need to buy the AMI and plug it into the back of my CHORUS....

rly?

As part of the AMI pack in my glovebox I have a draw with a couple of connectors, one which allows you to connect an iPod, the other a USB device. It no longer functions like the 8P2 version I had where it saw your iPod as an external multichanger. You could connect a HDD to it but I haven't done as yet.

Do you have any external connections in your car for iPod / USB etc in the centre console or anywhere else. The head unit reads MP3 files, but it's whether you need a cable interface in the back of it to hook it up.

NHN Nige will know.

i have an ipod connection in mine, but its a connects2, and its going into the back of the CD auto changer.

also my stereo doesnt support MP3 CD's, so I have doubts it will run MP3's from a hard drive.