My New Car! - This Friday 8.30am

ianhowell

Reaction score
Website
www.northloop.co.uk
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to thank you all in advance for the various posts etc on this site.
I have been watching the site for a few weeks now ( found due to Girlfriend getting an A4 1.8T Sport Cab last year). I am in the process of changing my "opt out" company car.
My current one is a Subaru Impreza STI, which goes back on Friday to be replaced with a new A3 3dr 3.2 V6 DSG Sportline in Red.
Starting a new role so wanted more comfort / quality and the use or more of the power more of the time. The Scooby is great for mad dashes and over 4k revs it flies but under 4k revs it has no torque so no go, not fun in city driving which I will be doing more of. Loved the A3 test drive so much I arranged to get one that day.
Due to reasons I won't go into now, I have ended up having Xenons. Rear parking sensors, 6disc changer, Bose, auto dimming mirrors, auto lights, cruise and a Sat Nav Plus to play with, as it's a dealer sourced car not factory order before you ask why that and not this etc.
Confirmed today all the details so come Friday at 8.30am I will be getting the keys to My New Car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Now all I have to do is narrow down the choice of track to play as I leave the dealer.....

[ QUOTE ]
with a new A3 3dr 3.2 V6 DSG Sportline in Red.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn!!!

There goes the Misano Red exclusivity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Thats one fully loaded baby, you lucky git Ian. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully get my 3.2 sometime soon - how long does it take from factory complete to dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that really depends on the dealership.. but it should take no more than 2 weeks.

Congratulations, hope you are liking the new motor.
I went from an STi Prodrive to the 3.2 A3. Its a nice motor but I still miss my Subaru, or at least the performance of it. The STi with the prodrive pack had power coming in smoothly from around 2800 rpm, so much better than the standard STi.
One thing I can do though is ...... park it and feel fairly certain its going to be where I left it. The A3 is understated and attracts no attention at all, with the 3.2 looking pretty much like all the others. Its nice and refined too ...
Enjoy and let us all know what you thing...
STEVE........

So there are a few Scooby converts then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Theres a bit of a hit in the High rev range overtaking performance, but the build quality and interior cabin luxury makes up for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Are the scooby's still popular with car theif's then? I never seem to hear of cars being knicked anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
Are the scooby's still popular with car theif's then? I never seem to hear of cars being knicked anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

they dont use em as they are slow off the mark.

Not much point letting the police catch you while you are waiting for the Turbo to Spool up.

The STi ppp is not laggy at all, the power start at around 2800 and the rate of acceleration is mindboggling, its almost motorbike speeds. The standard STi can be a bit slow off the mark and get get bogged down, its just a simple but slightly different way of driving.
I keep an eye on the Subaru forums and car thefts are still a huge issue, as are stealing the keys from your home. They along with Evo's are still the car of choice whn it comes to serious crime. Sad really that you cant have a nice motor without worrying all the time. I rarely left mine any where. It seemed to attract so much attention, it was difficult to fill up at a garage without the 'how fast is it Mister' type of questions. My Subaru was a new one and my experience was nothing like that with S-line and his WR1,

DOnt think you know what Bog Down is mate, the Sti8 is worse than the WR1 !!!

Its down to Throttle responce at low revs...........

Well I must have had a gem, but I was used to turbo cars any way, and they do need a slightly different driving style. The PPP changes the car completely, If you try and pull away at low revs in any gear it would bog down, but why would I want to do that?
Lets not start a bitching war, its not what this forum is about, I can only speak as I found my car. Never having driven a WR1 I am not able to make any comment on them at all.
I still have many friends (and a close neighbour) in the Subaru community and they all found that the PPP'd STi was much more of a joy to drive than a standard car.
But this is an Audi forum and the 3.2 is very quick to rev right from tick over,
STEVE......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

steeve, do I assume you have never ridden a sportsbike either? Or is a PPP really that fast?

I did have a sports bike up to 12 months ago, sadly only a 600, (CBR 600RR) am looking to buy another bike at the moment(I also used to race a bike a few years ago too).

Nip along to your local Subaru Dealer, they will be able to arrange a 24 hour test drive, most of the STi demonstrators have PPP fitted. Or contact me and I can arrange a ride in a friends car for you. Just look at the spec sheet from Prodrive.

They are quick, I did say almost motorbike speeds and I didnt say an R1 or a new GSXR 1000.

Can we drop this now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I did have a sports bike up to 12 months ago, sadly only a 600, (CBR 600RR) am looking to buy another bike at the moment(I also used to race a bike a few years ago too).

Nip along to your local Subaru Dealer, they will be able to arrange a 24 hour test drive, most of the STi demonstrators have PPP fitted. Or contact me and I can arrange a ride in a friends car for you. Just look at the spec sheet from Prodrive.

They are quick, I did say almost motorbike speeds and I didnt say an R1 or a new GSXR 1000.

Can we drop this now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, WE CAN'T DROP THIS... YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID..

Yes of course Steeve! I was not being sarcastic about the speed of the car, genuinely interested.

As for the free lift offer, I'll pass. You don't want my vomit in your mate's footwell.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif