8P3 bumper variations

plezz

Reaction score
hi all, sorry if this question has already been asked, but i cant seem to find the answer on here.

how many different types of bumper are there for the 8P3?

i've got an SE, but is this the same bumper as the S Line? i was looking at upgrading if there is a difference, and i wouldnt want to put an S3 bumper and grill on my 1.6 TDI as i think its just a bit silly.

so if anyone could tell me if there is a difference between the SE/Sport and S Line bumper? I'm thinking of going for a BE grill too, but i think all black on a black car could be too much..

thanks all,

Plezz.

There are two types of bumper for the 8P3.... one for the S3 and one for everything else.
The bumper for "everything else" only differ from model to model by the diffuser, and these are interchangable.

Although bare in mind the the bumpers for the 3dr, Sportback and Cabrio are all different.... so really there are five different 8P3 bumpers (two for the 3dr, two for the sportback and one for the cabrio).

I'd read somewhere it was carbon reinforced plastic instead of recycled tuppaware, but it may have been lies and fibs.

the 8p3 ( se, sport) are the same they look a little like the 8p2 sline due to no bumpstrips and a splitter. the sline is more like the 8p2 s3, imo i would not bother the 8p3 looks nice enough standard just get the crome fog ringsand nicer grille ( s3 one just take the badge off)

hi all, sorry if this question has already been asked, but i cant seem to find the answer on here.

how many different types of bumper are there for the 8P3?

i've got an SE, but is this the same bumper as the S Line? i was looking at upgrading if there is a difference, and i wouldnt want to put an S3 bumper and grill on my 1.6 TDI as i think its just a bit silly.

so if anyone could tell me if there is a difference between the SE/Sport and S Line bumper? I'm thinking of going for a BE grill too, but i think all black on a black car could be too much..

thanks all,

Plezz.

ermmm i think the OP was asking about front bumpers or did i read it wrong?

lol thanks everyone, haha i did mean front - i should have been more specific. well spotted Ash :p i heard somewhere s line front bumper was different from the SE, and i have been contemplating an S Line upgrade like Ads did, but on 8P3.

Like the 8P2, the 8P3 standard/SE/Sport all share the same front bumper. The s-line is different, and the S3 is different again.

In my opinion, if you have an 8P3 Standard/SE/Sport then there's not much point in doing an 8P3 s-line conversion as there's not much difference between the two bumpers.

This is what they look like... spot the differences!!

Standard:
mediaid952481760.jpg

S-line:
mediaid956428374.jpg

Cheers Ads.

is it really picky of me if i can see quite a difference, lol.

well maybe one day if i see a cheap one around... I'm still tempted by the BE grill though - with maybe some anthrasite rims.

Haha... its a subtle difference, mainly around the fog grilles, but if you see it you see, not picky at all.

I go out of my head with irritation because my spoiler sits about 1-2mm higher than it should. Now that is picky!

Last edited:
lol true, but if that 1mm puts something out of line, it can really make something that should be flush look like a massive drop.

maybe its just the pickyness is why we chose the cars we did to start with :p