17" BBS LM on US 2008 Audi A3 S-Line (Stock Suspension) - Will this setup work?

bkn

Reaction score
Hey all -

I am just about to pick up a set of 17" BBS LM's for my '08 Audi A3. I was hoping that you guys could provide your expertise on whether or not this setup will work without rubbing;

Note: I am currently running the stock S-Line Suspension

The BBS LMs will be;

Front: 17 x 8 (40mm)
Rear: 17 x 9 (42mm)

My fenders are rolled - but I haven't taken out the screw as some of you have.

I would really prefer not to run stretched tires. I was thinking of running staggered tires (maybe 225/45's on front and 245/45's on rear).

I also do not plan on lowering (unless it looks absolutely terrible). What size tire would you recommend and/or do you think I will run into any problems?

Thanks!!!!
Brent

They'll look fairly terrible unless you lower the car. 17s look far too small on a3s IMO as the arches are quite large, why not consider 18s or 19s?

In terms of tyre size, the stock 17x7.5 wheels come with 225/45/17 tyres. So 225 on a 8"rim and 245 on a 9"rim will be fine, and won't look stretched

LOL,

Thanks for the replies!

I would consider 18's or 19's but the 17's are right in front of my face (solid price as well). My concern is;

1) The width of the tire - do you guys know anyone who is running a 17 or 18 x 9?
2) The offset - a et40 front and et42 rear

Perhaps I am thinking that this setup is overly aggressive - but just don't want to deal with rubbing issues.

Another question - will I be poking like crazy???

Thanks!
Brent

personaly i wouldn't go with 17's unless your running mega low's mate but with stoke set up it will look stupid , are they for winter ??

Hi all -

Okay one last question ... a new set has been posed to me;

Actually, there are 2 options for me;
1) 17/8 (et 40) Front, 17/9 (et 42) Rear
2) 17/8 (et 35) Front and Rear

Do you prefer one over the other? Would one of them give me a better shot at fitment than the other?

Thanks!
Brent

et40/42 set will be better suited to your car, et35 at the front will poke a lot, and you'd probably want a lower profile tyre

Seriously though, 18s or 19s!

Okay - so I agree - that 18's would look better than 17's. But I don't think I can find 18's with the price I will be getting (so even if these are temporary, that works). I just don't want to go the whole reps route.

Anyways, thanks for all of your help - I got them to break up a set for me;

1) 17x8 (front with 45mm offset)
2) 17x8 (rear with 40mm offset)

This should be flush/clean, right?