Adjusting Xenon headlights trough vag-com a3 2.0tdi 140 8p

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondered, is there a way of adjusting xenon headlights using vag-com? i have the standard single xenon type, is there a way to set the level using vag-com? Also can you not set it up so you can use a switch for different levels? Also can i turn on coming home lights using vag com or is there added wiring involved?

Cheers
Chris

Xenon headlights should be auto-levelling. No user adjustment is allowed.

Coming home lights depends on what your car is and whether or not it has the necessary wiring and control module.

If you have auto lights and wipers then it can be turned on with VCDS (previously vagcom )

xenons can be adjusted or tested in VCDS under control module 55. if the beam is sitting low due to lowering the car than you can adjust the actual headlights by using the 2 screw points on the top of the headlight... i would recommend that you go to an MOT station to get this done properly however!
if the beam is lower than usual for no reason then it could be that one of the sensors on the auto levelling has failed.

you cannot wire the levelling system up to be manual as it is automatically done with use of sensors on both axles of the car on its suspension.

coming home is really easy to do even if you do not have auto lights, have a look on the below guide how to enable it. i had this on mine for over a year until i retro fitted auto lights into the car and so now it does it the way it was made to.
cominghomelights - Audi Retrofit

Hi guys, just wondered, is there a way of adjusting xenon headlights using vag-com? i have the standard single xenon type, is there a way to set the level using vag-com? Also can you not set it up so you can use a switch for different levels? Also can i turn on coming home lights using vag com or is there added wiring involved?

As they said, vagcom will only set them at an mot mode as in set position so you can manually adjust on an MOT BAY only with the manual screws, then disable the mot mode, then its all automatic.

CH/LH does have a hack, but its constant iirc, not only night time, hence why Mike advises about the light sensor requirement.