My 2011 Exclusive Suzuka Grey S3 SB BE

Virdee

Reaction score
Long time lurker, and newbie, but now the time has come to introduce myself!

Always had VAG cars, and in the past have been a Mk4 GT TDI 130, then a Mk4 R32 (miss it sorely). After the '32 it was a Mk5 GTI, and then lately an ED30 for the last few years.

When the time came to chop the ED30, I looked into the Mk6 GTI, but didn't really make me go wow! And then later on VW announced the R, and although this was a pretty sorted motor, having seen the price list made me cry!

And then I thought, for the same kind of money I could have an S3 - something that I've always loved to have and aspired to. So the gauntlet was thrown, and the quest to find a S3 was started!

Originally I was looking for a fairly new (no more than 1yr old), S3 SB. But the prices were like near new, and the spec I wanted was hard to find. I wanted it in Ibis, with Opensky, and red/black leather or buckets. Oh and it had to be manual.

Finally bit the bullet, and thought I wasn't going to find one soon, so started looking into a new one. Visited various dealers, trying to get the best deal. Some were really rude, mentioning no names, and others were happy to deal!

Eventually managed to get 9% off, plus AG lifeshine, and full tank of fuel. Placed the order, and around 5 months later car turned up. Factory order BTW! Guess what - it was the wrong spec!

Instead of the car being BE it was a normal S3. We were offered to buy this car, at a reduced rate (very little), or re-order. Having thought that we'd ordered the car to our own spec, and we really wanted a BE, we decided to re-order.

Dealer offered no compensation or gesture towards this f up. So Audi CS were involved, and eventually managed to get them to cough up 50% towards the buckets! Result! But another 5-6month wait - Ouch!

So last Wednesday we picked up the beast! And I tell you what the last few weeks were a real patience tester!

This time the spec was right, and I absolutely love the car.

The discount in the first instance allowed meto go balls out, on my options. So the car has exclusive paint (Suzuka Grey), Opensky, Comfort Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Interior light pack, rear and side window blinds, exclusive extended leather pack and front and rear parking sensors. Oh and the buckets afterwards!

Here's some pics from delivery day. Will get some more soon

IMG-20111109-00255.jpg

IMG-20111109-00259.jpg

IMG-20111109-00257_1.jpg

2 days later spacers went on (10/12), and seat backs were covered with 3M ventureshield to avoid any over zealous rear pasengers!

Want to do a few more mods, but nothing major. A small touch to the interior which I've been thinking about for a while. And possibly a RS3 grille if I get one at the right price. And maybe the Supersprint dual exit exhaust.

Hope you like, and all comments/views welcome!

Reactions: K.A, quattro81, Pauljamescaton and 10 others
Stunning looking car and the color with the open sky roof would be my ideal spec especially when I move to Barcelona.

I had the Rs4 style seats in my Mk5 R32 and I tried everything to keep them in order to put them into my 07 2.0 tdi SB S line that i have now but couldn't find replacement seats in time which is a pity as they are the best seats ever!

Put more pics and interior pics up soon please!

Some 2011 beats for your new car

Regression Vol IV by killingpaolo on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

What a stunner, Virdee! Suzuka Grey is one of my favourite colours and the good thing is it's very uncommon, so you won't see many - if any - cars the same as yours when on the road. An RS3 Optics grille will look right at home on the front, for sure. Enjoy! :wub: Paula xx

Reactions: MartayMcFly
No offence to the Ibis crowd, but Suzuka is just way better! Very nice.

Thanks for the kind words guys/gals

Paullie - yes your a bad influence, hint hint, RS3 grille!

paultaylor - yes i'm so glad in a way that they messed up the order, and the outcome was these seats. Everytime I get into the car, I see the seats and understand why I waited this long!

martaymcfly - yes again, as they say things happen for a reason. Had I bought a used car, there is no way I would have found a Suzuka car, so would have to go Ibis. A you say no offence, but Suzuka is another league. There was a A5 SB in the showroom next to mine the day I picked it up, and then you really see the difference! And I know people harp on about how its like so much for paint, but for me it had to be done! Everyday I look at the car, and it looks a different shade, due to the time of the day, or angle of light. Oh I can't wait for summer!

Will get some more pics, hopefully tomorrow, and some interior shots.

Wow not seen that colour before, Looks nice!

Lovely car dude! The colour with the BE wheels are spot on!

Give it time and there will be a few more "and maybe this as well" will come along when it comes to modding lol. Enjoy her :thumbsup:

Love it mate; stunning!

Thanks for the kind words.

N8 - highly appreciated!

lil_coz - oh yes the list is getting longer everyday, but got to resist! Want to enjoy it as it is first, and then mod her slowly.

Virdee welcome to club Suzuka. The colour is simply stunnng, not sure what products you
have in mind but after loads of research the Jeffs Acrylic range has amazing results on this
colour car. I have been into spending money on Zymol products but the Acrylic range is
spot on. The flip paint is really enhanced and shows why it was worth buying.

Enjoy the new car, pity the weather is crap at the moment.

Cheers
Rich

Yes I've been reading up on whats best to use.

And as you say that comes highly recommended. Thats the one with various different waxes available, i.e. paste and spray to top-up(?) Or am I barking up the wrong tree!

Best i've been quoted is £535+VAT (RRP) less 15% discount. Will wait for the mo!

Keep an eye out for me :laugh:

Patience of a saint mate, well done. Car looks epic. Very, very nice ride indeed. Enjoy.

Thank you Rico. Been drooling over yours for a while - sorry! Loving the Sprint blue and Optics!

Few new pics from this morning. Not the greatest as the day was dull and car slightly dirty! And some interior shots for those who requested.

P1050526.jpg

P1050529.jpg

P1050540.jpg

P1050533.jpg

P1050544.jpg

P1050534.jpg

P1050532.jpg

P1050538.jpg

And one with todays new mod - Philips Crystal Vision fogs
P1050553.jpg

Reactions: SparkyMcA, Pauljamescaton, reepers and 2 others
Lovely car mate...:wub: ....What's rear and side window blinds ? I've never heard of this. :think:

Sun blinds part if the rear door panels (pull up)

And rear one is incorporated into the rear shelf which I think may be std on the S3(?)

Only like a £75 option so why not!

Great looking car. How happy are you with the new fog bulbs in terms of colour match? Are they 4300k?

Yes they are 4300k. So thy match the xenons spot on. They are slightly off from the DRL's which I now suspect are around 5000k

The thing I don't like about the diamond visions is that they have a blue tip which I'm sure will be visible through our clear fog lenses. Whereas these crystal visions have a chrome/silver tip. So looks like a normal bulb inside the lamp.

Plus I got the CVs for £35 whereas DVs were £50ish.

If I can be if any help let me know

Reactions: VeeDubDan
Stunning car, as I had DSG in the R32 I'd be tempted t have it again but apart from that it would be the exact spec and color I'd go for.

Extended leather is the dogs too

Balance between looks and discreet Audi S/RS aspect is just right although I'd say the 'stormtrooper' look turns some heads!

Quick question though, are Bose and Heated seats standard?

Thanks for the compliments Paul! Bose and heated front seats are std on the black edition. Heated front and rear seats were £195 extra. I didn't bother!

Extended leather had to be done for me!

With a remap to 315bhp you'd begin to pick one over an Rs3!

No Open Sky available on an Rs3 would make the cabin a bit dull so looks like your spec is the way to go.

Oh YES!!!!

Thank you for the major appreciation!

There was a few, but all for a reason!

A formidable partnership, unbeatable!

Beautiful colour (my fave), beautiful interior, beautiful car really. Wish you well to use her :)