2nd Gear

Status
    I'm nursing a semi here.
    the crisis mobile BMW Z4C 3.0
    It's quick and it sounds bloody good.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1inchpunch View Post
    I'm nursing a semi here.
    Ditto, and that was before I realised it had buckets.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Screw your clients getting in the car W, you need these in your life:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Screw your clients getting in the car W, you need these in your life:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    I'll grant you lad, they're ripe, but have you seen my missus. Sir Mixalot once wrote a song about lasses like her in the 80's, let's just say she's blessed! She'd probably have deep vein thrombosis within a week! (And being no stick man myself I'd probably last the month).

I'd genuinely love them, they're just stunning, but I can't help but wonder what they'd be like for the road trip we did last year to the Home / Portsmouth / N'Ring / Stuttgart / Strasbourg / Paris / Caen / Portsmouth / home (nearly 2k in a week). My arse would look like an inflatable 50p piece.
    Last edited by warren_S5; 21st November 2011 at 17:11.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

They are epic and have electric bolsters and lumbar, so comfy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    They are epic and have electric bolsters and lumbar, so comfy
    You are tempting me, but can only be considered after April when / if the annual bonus pays out!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the kind words guys!

Buckets had to be done after they f'd up the order!
    2011 S3 Sportback Black Edition - Exclusive Suzuka Grey

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

Mods to come - RS3 grille | Supersprint Dual Exhaust

2nd Gear

Status
    Amazing car!
    Well done, so perfectly spec'd. In love with the colour.

Congrats!
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks poli84. Very kind words and much appreciated. Glad we both have great taste!

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

1st Gear

Status
    Perfect spec! Wish it was mine it looks too hot
    2008 Audi S3
    REVO Stage 1

1st Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    anyone have part # for the door handles and the knee guard things?

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    Very nice bro! I'll pop over soon to see this and take a few pics for you

If you don't like the car you can always part ex with mine!!
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers mayte! More than welcome.

It's undergoing a full on clean/detail ATM.

The dealer applied Autoglym life shine for free, but I wasn't at all keen on it from day one. Told them to give me more money off the car rather than AG, but obviously they make a stupid amount of markup on the AG.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I cannot believe the amount of crap on the paintwork for a new car, and considering that it's been AG'd! I know it's a pile of sh!t anyway, but still. Just goes to show you what the valeters of dealer are NOT capable of doing!

The state of the clay bar after each panel was absolutely crazy. Some even halfway through! Literally spent the whole day claying. Inside is finished. So got to finish it off tomorrow.

Will post some new pics hopefully tomorrow.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdee View Post
    Cheers mayte! More than welcome.

It's undergoing a full on clean/detail ATM.

The dealer applied Autoglym life shine for free, but I wasn't at all keen on it from day one. Told them to give me more money off the car rather than AG, but obviously they make a stupid amount of markup on the AG.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I cannot believe the amount of crap on the paintwork for a new car, and considering that it's been AG'd! I know it's a pile of sh!t anyway, but still. Just goes to show you what the valeters of dealer are NOT capable of doing!

The state of the clay bar after each panel was absolutely crazy. Some even halfway through! Literally spent the whole day claying. Inside is finished. So got to finish it off tomorrow.

Will post some new pics hopefully tomorrow.
    This is the reason why I insisted to not get my car valeted or AG'd. They are so rubbish beyond believe.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

5th Gear

Status
    Yes they are 4300k. So thy match the xenons spot on. They are slightly off from the DRL's which I now suspect are around 5000k

The thing I don't like about the diamond visions is that they have a blue tip which I'm sure will be visible through our clear fog lenses. Whereas these crystal visions have a chrome/silver tip. So looks like a normal bulb inside the lamp.

Plus I got the CVs for £35 whereas DVs were £50ish.

If I can be if any help let me know
    Sorry buddy but I'm about to upgrade my once and dont really know where is the best place to buy them from. Would you be able to help.

Cheers

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

1st Gear

Status
    Yes I also didn't want them to touch it. But they wanted to do it as a goodwill gesture as they had messed me around (long story)

But I swear they did no prep at all. Just washed and applied a it of AG!

As for bulbs, I bought mine from Car Bulbs | Motorcycle Bulbs | Car Light Bulbs | Philips bulbs. Speak to Janet there and tell her virdee sent you with the S3.

3rd Gear

Status
    Absolutely stunning Virdee....can't wait to see some pictures when/if the sun comes out again !!

1st Gear

Status
    I was supposed to get some on Sunday as the sun was out, but ended up going out for the whole day! Hopefully soon, as it looks stunning in the sun. Sunday was a testament to this!

5th Gear

Status
    Yes I also didn't want them to touch it. But they wanted to do it as a goodwill gesture as they had messed me around (long story)

But I swear they did no prep at all. Just washed and applied a it of AG!

As for bulbs, I bought mine from Car Bulbs | Motorcycle Bulbs | Car Light Bulbs | Philips bulbs. Speak to Janet there and tell her virdee sent you with the S3.
    Cheers Virdee but unfortuantely I could not get hold of anyone. Any chance you can tell me which exact blub I need to get as there are many different variations like H4, H7, H11 aint got a clue which one is the right one:]

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    You need H11s

This is the link for the ones I bought H11 CrystalVision Pair - Autolamps

And I got hold of Janet via email.

Neutral

Status
    Very jealous! What a motor! Congrats mate

5th Gear

Status
    You need H11s

This is the link for the ones I bought H11 CrystalVision Pair - Autolamps

And I got hold of Janet via email.
    Excellent got them ordered online, is it hard to get them fitted though?

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    No not at all

Just pull the grille off. Just give it a good pull and it'll come off

Then it's two Phillips head screws on each fog lamp.

Disconnect fog lamp, remove old bulb out of the fog lamp, and replace with new CVs!

Btw glad you got them sorted in the end.

And cheers for the kind words yet again.

5th Gear

Status
    No not at all

Just pull the grille off. Just give it a good pull and it'll come off

Then it's two Phillips head screws on each fog lamp.

Disconnect fog lamp, remove old bulb out of the fog lamp, and replace with new CVs!

Btw glad you got them sorted in the end.

And cheers for the kind words yet again.
    My pleasure, massive thank you for your advise and support buddy. You were extremely helpfull!

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    Thought I'd update this with the few bits I've done recently.

Spacers went on 2 days after collection. 10mm and 12mm respectively. I then got some GP Thunder 7500k H11 fog lamp bulbs, just to see if they would match the DRL's slightly better. Still not convinced, so might get a set of Philips Diamond Vision and try and see if they do any better. Otherwise I'll stick to the CV's I already have!

Fitted the Polarg bulbs for the rear number plate. Happy with those, and not overly bright which is a good thing! No pics of those as plenty on here!

Also fitted LED bulbs throughtout the interior from vanity lights through to puddle lights. Although have another advance on the puddle lights shortly! So watch this space!

Car was also given a full Jeffs Acrylic Werksatt going over with their Prime, Jett Trigger and Glos. Results were outstanding. Roll on the summer, and I'll do it once again to get the full wow factor out of Suzuka!

Next major mod I have done has been Piano bucket seat harness holes. I've had this idea for a while in my head and visualised that it would look good. Infact even before getting the car! So I bought new parts from Audi, and had them Piano lacquered. Results are stunning in my eyes, and finishes off the interior and buckets perfectly IMO. Pics below

As always comments welcome, good or bad!

Going to drop off my front splitter (again bought new from Audi) to get painted gloss black. Was going to do carbon, but my friend dong it said it would be shaped like a banana by the time it was finished! We don't want that! So gloss black it is. I have a spare rear one to also get done in gloss black. But after speakin to Audi, they say that the newer cars, i.e. MY10/11 don't have a removeabe diffuser. In other words it is part of the rear bumper spoiler. Any comments from MY10/11 SB owners? Last thing I want to do is get my spare one painted and then it doesn't fit! My spare one is apparently for cars before MY10 which I fail to believe.
    N8 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice touch, finishing off those seats even better.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

Status
    Doing some great work on her Virdee, looks fantastic and the seats look great with the inserts.

Interesting about the rear diffuser; makes you realise what a critical job the rear diffuser cutting will be if you go Scorpion quad pipe back box if it's all joined to the bumper! Can't believe they'd fuse it together.

Keep up the great work, so looking forward to seeing this at an event next year.

Interior Next!!

Status
    how much were the new harness ring things? if you dont mind me asking!?
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

5th Gear

Status
    Ok I want your buckets now!

Now:

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

All about Buckets my friend.

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Looks fantastic and those seats are beautiful. The Sportback still looks fresh as a brand new car on an 11plate vs a tired-looking 3dr. Shame AUDI still can't get the bumpers to match though!!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thelomondaudigroup On Twitter Add thelomondaudigroup on Facebook Visit thelomondaudigroup's Youtube Channel Visit thelomondaudigroup's Instagram Channel
    Absolute stunning example here, very nice touch with the seats!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    those inserts make it loook 100% better

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the kind words guys!

The harness trims were around £35 each. Same part number as RS4.

Then to get them done in piano lacquer was another £300 at mates rates. Most of it done by hand as the machine work can only be done on the face. Not cheap, but then quality never comes cheap! Look like something that would have come out of the factory.

Philips diamond visions ordered! And need to further investigate the rear diffuser before I send off my spare rear one! Front is already in the paint shop!

3rd Gear

Status
    Sweet ride. Glad you got the car you wanted and didn't settle for second best.
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

Reverse Gear

Status

spacers?

are these to push the wheels out a bit?

1st Gear

Status
    Yes pretty much made up my mind that I wasn't happy with the normal S3!

Yes spacers are to push the wheels out.

Reverse Gear

Status

spacers

where do you get these from please and how to fit ...cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast