Pictures of my new Audi S3 Black Edition in Ibis White

jamieswales

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had the new S3 about 5 weeks now, but finally got round to taking some pictures of it. This is the first time I have used my SLR on manual settings, so hope they came out ok. (please feel free to give me feedback on making my pictures better)

Spec is quite standard plus;
Black edition extras
Sunroof
Bucket Seats

This was my old S3 which I sold about a year ago

DSCF4114.jpg

My new one. I love it, just wish it had Stage 2+ like my old one.

IMG_8364.jpg

IMG_8356.jpg

IMG_8349.jpg

IMG_8338.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8326.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8356.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

Reactions: reepers, I oOEddOo I, N8 and 4 others
Nice...:thumbsup:...Any other mods in mind besides mapping ?

Stunning S3! I'm sure this one will eventually be Stage 2 + like your Solar Orange one, ..the power and modding is way too addictive! If mine had come with the Black Edition wheels, there's no way I'd have swapped them, but wheels are a personal taste thing and hey, there's no one can say that BBS wheels aren't totally sweet as. I look forward to seeing what you decide on eventually Enjoy!! :wub: xx

Lovely motor mate, you should keep them wheels they look good on a Ibis S3!

Nice car mate!

+1 on keeping the wheels!... but each to their own. Won't exactly look bad with a set of BBS's on!

Very nice indeed, I saw the exact same car in Barrow-in-Furness today! I thought, luuuuurvvvly - but I agree with you on the wheels front, those remind me of rx8 wheels (they are very nice btw, just not the best imo).

You asked about improving your picture.
Something to remember with digital photography is the processing power of the camera, its always a trade off against your computer which probably has 100 times the capacity to process the pictures. that for example is why your phone will never take great snaps. Even the best pro snappers will use photo shop or elements etc to finish their pictures. As you can see below your camera is recording all the data, look at the front disc's on your picture, the info is there on my picture so its there on your picture but your camera has not processed it to a finished state. Obviously i have taken your 800 px snap which is much smaller with far less detail than the picture you started out with and i have not bee able to really keep the white...Ibis :) but i just wanted to show you your camera is recording the detail, it just needs help to develop it...

I hope that makes sense ?

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8324a.jpg

Last edited:
Red
Yes i use a Nikon D200 raw but each snap is 15mb + and there is no way a camera will adequately process that AND take 5 frames a second :)...I didnt mention RAW because most users camera's probably will not have a raw setting. Congratulation on turning winter in to summer on your picture and putting nice green leaves back on the trees. :)

I've stopped using RAW and now use JPEG (Nikon D2H/D7000), because whilst I got a lot more stretch in terms of lighting (highlight / shadow adjustment), there wasn't sufficient benefit for day to day photos for the offset of size of RAW files. I run Sandisk Extreme Pro card in both, so shooting speeds not an issue, but unless I'm taking photos that I am consciously using as a 'benchmark' images then Jpeg fine is adequate.

Car is lovely too, there seem to be so many really nice S3's about on here at the moment.

Red
Yes i use a Nikon D200 raw but each snap is 15mb + and there is no way a camera will adequately process that AND take 5 frames a second :)...I didnt mention RAW because most users camera's probably will not have a raw setting. Congratulation on turning winter in to summer on your picture and putting nice green leaves back on the trees. :)

Yep but Raw gives massive advantage in terms of lighting over JPG. Glad you like it, just added a bit of extra feeling plus focued camera on the car rather than background so car stands out more.

I've stopped using RAW and now use JPEG (Nikon D2H/D7000), because whilst I got a lot more stretch in terms of lighting (highlight / shadow adjustment), there wasn't sufficient benefit for day to day photos for the offset of size of RAW files. I run Sandisk Extreme Pro card in both, so shooting speeds not an issue, but unless I'm taking photos that I am consciously using as a 'benchmark' images then Jpeg fine is adequate.

Car is lovely too, there seem to be so many really nice S3's about on here at the moment.

Raw is great if you need great quality and be able to do lighting/shading later on. With JPGS you cant change the light and already you loose massive ammout of data that you cant see but can be recover with RAW. For fast dynamic pictures JPGS are fine but for fine quality RAW is brilliant. The sad thing is though I havent got RAW camera and need to put up with JPGS for now :/.

Changing the wheels would be an error. It looks bang tidy as it is.