Newbie over here!!

James Green

Reaction score
Been looking into getting an S3 (8P).

Currently have a Renaultsport Clio 182FF (Full fat - all options - cup packages too)

Looking at an 08 plate onwards, but been looking at doing a facelift to the newest front end, unless its cheaper just to buy the newest model.

Now ive done some searching and not really found a figure of how much it would be?

Also anything to look out for when going to test drive or buy one?

Thanks,

James​

2nd hand preferably. And whats the difference between the lights?

Famine Spec:

audi_a3_1_2_tfsi_se_3dr_93623652329679631.jpg

All Singing All Dancing:

BW11XLS.jpg

All about Xenons, even if they are really expensive. Just Audi rape on charges for the units. Pick them up ebay or someone on here.

Just wanna know roughly how much and what i need to do the facelift, cos otherwise ill just buy a newer one.

Just wanna know roughly how much and what i need to do the facelift, cos otherwise ill just buy a newer one.

Just buy a facelift S3. Parts your probably looking at £1,500-£1,800 depending if you can get all the parts you need 2nd and then spraying and fitting and alot of coding so will need to buy vagcom or get some one on here to code everything for you. There a few threads with all the parts you need

Last edited:
Click on my thread to get an idea of what it costs.....I've done it.

Just buy a facelift S3. Parts your probably looking at £1,500-£1,800 depending if you can get all the parts you need 2nd and then spraying and fitting and alot of coding so will need to buy vagcom or get some one on here to code everything for you. There a few threads with all the parts you need

am with you ash spend the extra money and get the face lift. had an 8p2 12 months then changed it.

No worries. I'll just get a newer one to start off with then :)

Does lowering the car mess up the Quattro system in anyway?

i dont think so some s3 owners have lowered theres and plenty of other quattro members have but. i am sure some one with a bit more exp will post somthing in a bit. is this for looks i presume ? thr s3 is 35mm lower than a standard a3

No, doesn't affect the Quattro at all, you may just need to get your xenons recalibrated as they are self adjusting and are set up for OEM ride height. Some have reported their lights look low afterwards.

No, doesn't affect the Quattro at all, you may just need to get your xenons recalibrated as they are self adjusting and are set up for OEM ride height. Some have reported their lights look low afterwards.
thanks warren knew some one would post

Thanks people.

Yea was just if I was planning on putting on coilovers.

Went and test drove an S-Tronic S3 before, safe to say, ill be going for a manual gearbox!

Thanks people.

Yea was just if I was planning on putting on coilovers.

Went and test drove an S-Tronic S3 before, safe to say, ill be going for a manual gearbox!

Any reason in particular as to why you don't like the S-tronic gearbox? Just curious that's all :)