Is it worth it? Brand new S3 for 30.5

RedDejavu

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnytree.co.uk
Hi guys is this a good deal. I've been offered 30.500 for a brand new ibis white S3 Black edition S tronic + parking sensors. Shall I go for it or not? IS it fair price to pay? They offered 8500 for mine if I go part ex or I can sell it private if I want to.

Last edited:
i guess its a case of finding out how much the car should retail at. As in what % they are giving you off the car. I managed 11% off my brand new car. was in 2009 though!

I have also been looking at these recently & done some asking around including one or two ASN members and I dont think it's any better deal than anyone else has been offered. Seems to be about the going rate. I was offered a shade under 12k for my S3 (without seeing it) part ex which I clearly wasn't interested in.

** The Ibis BE S3's seem to fly out of the showroom too and so there doesnt appear to be a great deal of movement on price. I wanted 10% off a manual car up for £29,995 and they didnt bite. I walked.

Last edited:
I have also been looking at these recently & done some asking around including one or two ASN members and I dont think it's any better deal than anyone else has been offered. Seems to be about the going rate. I was offered a shade under 12k for my S3 (without seeing it) part ex which I clearly wasn't interested in.

** The Ibis BE S3's seem to fly out of the showroom too and so there doesnt appear to be a great deal of movement on price. I wanted 10% off a manual car up for £29,995 and they didnt bite. I walked.

So it seems like a fair price then I assume? Maybe I'll try to push them a little more:p. Even that 500 quid would be helpfull

So it seems like a fair price then I assume? Maybe I'll try to push them a little more:p. Even that 500 quid would be helpfull

Yep it seems fair! I only walked as I'm not desperate to change at the moment for various reasons, looking for a house etc etc. Push them a bit harder, I only lost interest when they said cost to change of £18,245. I was lucky to get a complimentary tank of fuel with my current S3, they didnt budge an inch! Best of luck

Fair deal, but not exceptional.

That said, its better than ours! Paid £30,900 for our black edition which is reasonably well specced but ours is not DSG.

Worst part was from when I signed the order for in May the car was offered part ex at £14.500, when we eventually traded in this month they said the part ex offer was now....£11.500 ! To sweeten the deal they threw in alloy trim and the gap insurance / supaguard / wheel cover / tyre cover package), but needless to say I wasn't impressed, but I was beyond a point where I could be ***** to fight any more.

They'll get you whichever way they can, and with sales figures down you'd expect them to be thinking of the future rather than milking the goodwill from the customers of the day. Problem is sales is all to often about the commission and the now.

I paid less for mine in 2010, with more options, though not many, depends how good a price they are giving for yours. The Art is to make them search the database on all cars ordered, not built, or sold, (they can check all dealers) if you find one that matches your spec they will give bigger discount.

Last edited:
I paid less for mine in 2010, with more options, though not many, depends how good a price they are giving for yours. The Art is to make them search the database on all cars ordered, not built, or sold, (they can check all dealers) if you find one that matches your spec they will give bigger discount.

Thats the thing they offered 8500 for mine which is below market value. I would get easly 9900 for mine if sold private. Might give it a try but before that I need to make sure they are kocked off maximum on the price. If not always can ask for some extra freebies.

Sell private 100%

I was offered £14K p/x in March for a high spec 57 plater.

Sold private for £16,800.
Pain in the *** but worth the extra £2800.

Good luck.

Paul

As said sell privately. Dealer offered me £12.5k for my Edition30. Managed to sell for £14250

And with regards to the S3 BE - I managed to get 12% off factory order. Allowed me to go balls out on my options!

I ended up only getting 10% of my 61 plate. I was happy with that but didn't 'hold out' as by then I was hooked! LOL. He knew he had the sale and so was not gonna drop the price anymore. However, it was not a 'good' deal as I had no trade in and my money sorted too.

Same here, no p/x and money sorted. Although they tried their hardest for me to finance it.

Warren did hit the nail on the head, the amount of discount that a dealer gives really is down to how close they are to hitting the targets they will take a loss on a car if it gets them to a target that will give them much more overall for the month/quarter etc. Add that to what I said dont order a new car to be built for you, find a new car that has been pre ordered/not built, even sometimes ready built waiting to be bought by a dealer, that comes close to your spec.

I was offered a new S3 BE, Stronic, one other cheap option for £26500, that they had in stock a new car del milage but had been there 6 months, they could not sell it due to no options. Around march 2010

Thats the thing they offered 8500 for mine which is below market value. I would get easly 9900 for mine if sold private. Might give it a try but before that I need to make sure they are kocked off maximum on the price. If not always can ask for some extra freebies.

tbf fella, no dealer is gonna give maximum discount unless you commit to buy as otherwise they feel you'll just leave and come back wanting more off which they can't do. best deals are usually done if you're in there going look i'll buy today if you can do this or whatever, cos then they're like, we've got a deal here if we can get to his/her figures, might be worth taking a short one on it. best deals are usually compromises anyway since you've gotta be happy you're getting a good deal but the dealer has to make money on it obviously, they ain't charities after all!

Reactions: RedDejavu